NO BUG: ACF Extended Form not rendering except Submit button

Browser: Chrome 126.0.6478.62
URL: (ACF FE Form – Bricksdev.io)
Video: Short screen recording that illustrates this issue (free tool: jam.dev)

I’ve set up a form to create a custom post type and inserting the shortcode into a Bricks Builder page. The page shows the shortcode name and the submit buttons but none of the fields.

Checking the generated output in DevTools, shows the form fields, even though they do not actually show .

I’m not sure if this is a Bricks issue or ACF Extended problem so I’m posting in both support forumns.

Many thanks

PS why does the tag dropdown not show my current version, especially it’s a mandatory field!

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your report.

I assume that this is your ACF Extended support request:

Please let me know if you have made any progress with troubleshooting. It looks more like a configuration error to me, but we don’t currently have an ACF extended pro license, so I can’t test it directly myself.

It does, just not in any sensible order. So you need to scroll down the list to find it.

Yep - unfortunately there is no way in Discourse to sort the tags -.- If anyone knows of one, let me know :v: Btw., the easiest and fastest way is to search for something like “9-9”, if your version is 1.9.9, for example. A workaround, but better than nothing.

Thanks for the response, after further investigation, the form name was my fault adding it to another header field, not a shortcode. I have removed it. Now, the page shows the submit button only. DevTools shows some hidden fields, but not the fields I want for the form, there are some hidden. ACF input fields and an email validation field, which is also hidden. I do not have any email related fields.
I don’t understand why the submit button is showing but none of the fields I expect.

I just had response from Konrad on the ACF Extended forum and he’s pointed me in the right direction. It was the Field Group Location setting, turned this off and it works! I must admit I wasn’t exactly sure what this meant, so maybe I should have researched a little more.

I’ll close this now.

Pete

Thanks for your feedback, Pete! I’m glad the problem was easy to solve.