Nav and dropdown elements - why there are no product categories?

So for Shop navigation one needs product categories. Right now, one needs to go the massive and tedious route to add urls to the nav elements for product categories. I may miss something here??

One can not use “internal post/pages” to look for them which is understandable cause product categories aren’t post.
But I do not understand if one selects dynamic data → product categories, why there is no extra field to define the specific categories like it is possible for instance with the query loop element. Selecting product categories just adds {post_terms_product_cat}. I want the categories “shoes” for instance. It is not possible.

It really can’t be the final solution not being able to select specific product categories and be forced to use URLs. This adds a massive amount of time. Especially when Polylang is in place where you need to do it for every language.

1 Like

I also faced such a problem. There are no taxonomy terms in dynamic data. Only manual addition, which is very inconvenient to work with and takes a lot of time :roll_eyes:

Argh… I was hoping I just can’t find it or don’t get how it is done bc I was no believing it could be forgotten. Jeez, this will be a long night then :face_with_spiral_eyes: Plz Bricks more love to the WC peeps!

1 Like