Motion.page with Bricks

Hello everyone. :wave:t3:
Do members of this community use motion.page with Bricks?
Is everything compatible, no bug, great support,etc ?
And above all, what do you think about motion.page with Bricks?
Is it worth or is it better to code GSAP in Bricks ?
Thank you :smiling_face:
xoxox

Haven’t used but I’m 99% sure the UI for motion page all happens outside of whichever builder you’re using, so there’s not really a way it could have a bug. It’s just looking at the finished HTML on the page and adding GSAP to animate it all.

1 Like

@wplit Thanks for the reply, yes that makes sense. :slightly_smiling_face:I find it a shame (dommage → in french ) not to be able to try before buying. :thinking:

I’m just starting down this path myself. One issue that I ran into that brought me here to report on is the LazyLoading in the Bricks settings. I’m not sure if this is a default operation or a Bricks homegrown implementation. But it causes problems.

When the page is rendered with content BTF, the motion.page CSS is applied to those elements. But, once the parent container hits the viewport, the LazyLoad kicks in and resets the CSS to the Bricks default CSS. This breaks all animations as your start position, defined in MP, will not be presented on page load.

The only solution at this point is to disable the Bricks LazyLoad.

In answer to your questions about MP, yes, it will work with any builder. Motioonpage uses GSAP, a Jscript library that affects the element’s CSS settings in-line, dynamically.

There may be some builders where you would have to apply a custom class to ensure that objects are targeted properly in the event that the builder dynamically changes ID’s if there are any changes made to the DOM structure. Most motion.page workflows normally involve creating your page as final and then going into MP to define the animations

@Quadcom Thank you for all your information. :wink:
I bought Motion Page ( black friday :star_struck: ). I’m going to test all this during the Christmas holidays :evergreen_tree: :santa:t3: :deer:. Did you contact Thomas about this and the Motion Page team? I’d be curious to hear their feedback

Hi, you can send us a support ticket and site URL and I will take a look at what we can do about it :slight_smile:

Jenn reached out to me via email and suggested that I test the beta v1.6.

I don’t think I want to go with a beta as I am trying to stay as compatible as possible and the site is up on a live server.

Disabling the Bricks lazyload feature did solve the issue, for me at least.

The CSS on child elements is no longer being reset when they are being loaded. That being said, there is still the WP lazyload functions which do not seem to affect the DOM in the same way that the Bricks LazyLoad does.

whats the price during black friday? is it lifetime?