Mobile Menu Toggle Not Opening

Browser: Any browser on an actual phone (chrome, firefox, firefox focus)
URL: revolutionsweb.com the mobile menu

EDIT: it doesn’t work on any browser for both desktop (when shrinking window) or any mobile device. What will make the toggle work?

The toggle does not open anything? I’m unsure how to get any more specific than that. I have added the #id for the nestable nav itself and that didn’t do anything. When I test it on the desktop version, it toggles and the off-canvas menu pops up just fine, but on my actual phone that toggle button is inactive.

1 Like

I’ve usually seen this behaviour when caching / CSS/JS optimization plugins are being used. Excluding “frontend” as the keyword from being minified and from removing unused CSS usually resolves this. This happens to me on Elementor sites too, I don’t think this is unique to Bricks at all. If you disable any caching / optimization plugins such as FlyingPress, WP Rocket, Asset Cleanup, etc you should then see the change in behaviour. I believe server-side ones can affect it as well, I haven’t used it myself but I’ve heard of things like SG Optimizer affecting this too.

@d19dotca you’re right! My bad for not checking that! Disabled my plugins and it worked. Will delete this post now.

No no, please don’t delete the post, it helps others who may come across the same issue later. :slight_smile:

I ran into this same issue just now as @dylanthinks after installing Perfmatters plug-in to optimize my site. My GTmetrix Performance Score went from C to A but the mobile menu (hamburger) doesn’t expand. I tried toggling on/off different combinations of the options but still not working. It’s hosted on Siteground so I do have the caching turned on via SG Optimizer but that didn’t impact the mobile menu before. It seems Perfmatters is causing it and not sure how to resolve it without sacrificing the increase in performance. Would greatly appreciate any fixes/suggestions!

Sorry for not explaining in my original reply! I don’t remember exactly what I did but I do recall it was either delay javascript OR defer javascript. If these don’t work, uncheck each CSS option too one at a time to identify. That was wonky too once. But the culprit should likely be the delay JS, I think. (with that, try to add the right script to “exclude from delay” so that you don’t have to uncheck it entirely after finding it.)

I am having the same issue, but without caching plugins of any kind.

It seems to me that brx-open does not modify the opacity and visibility of the content section in the nav menu.

Furthermore, for some reason, the off-canvas covers everything over it.

Also having a similar issue. Earlier today my mobile nav just disappeared. Could not figure out why, so added a new nested Nav and now I see it but it will not open. deleted and re-added the toggle, but no joy.

No caching plugin here either.

After some sleuthing: If I set the break point to always or desktop it works. I can open the mobile menu, but only at those wider widths. As I narrow my browser it stops working.

Just noticed that the mobile menu toggle for the OP at the top is still not working after a year. This is a little worrisome.

No responses? With items like this should I be opening up an official support ticket somewhere?

You mentioned you have no caching, but are you 100% sure on that? And do you happen to have any performance plugins enabled at all that perhaps “remove unused CSS” for example? Any of those kinds of tools will cause issues from my experience. So far I’ve only ever seen this when any plugins (usually caching plugins but not necessarily restricted to those) remove or modify JS or CSS, that’s when these types of behaviours are seen.