Limit to the product title element?

Hello,
Would it be possible in the future to add a word limit to the product title element?

I am currently working on my cart, and for the item titles, I wanted to use the “Product Title” element because it links to the product page when clicked—but it lacks a word limit option…

So, I used a “Rich Text” element instead and inserted {woo_cart_product_name} linked to {post_url}. It works perfectly, and I get the word limit I need! …However, I have “made-to-order” products in the cart, and WooCommerce automatically adds a “made-to-order” notification below the title. If I change the product notification settings in WooCommerce, the “Stock” element in my cart stops displaying “made-to-order”…

Ideally, it would be best to have a word limit option on the product title element itself.


Hi @antoineb ,

In the next 2.4beta release, there will be a new {woo_cart_item_title} dynamic tag just to output the product title without the variations etc. That should be able to fulfill your requirement.

There will be a new Cart item data element to output the additional info separately for more flexibility too.

Regards,
Jenn