Is this the correct way to use templates?

Hi guys,
I’m a developer and new to bricks builder, I need an hint on how to do this: I have a website that will have around 20/30 pages which will all look the same, only the content inside (photos and texts) will change. Let’s say I have a bike shop (it won’t be an e-commerce site, only standard wp) and I need a single bike page template which I can fill with the infos and photos of a different bike model on every page. What’s the fastest way to achieve this? I should create a section template of the entire page and change the content on every page I use it? Is it possibile? I searched in the academy but I couldn’t understand if I’m planning the work in the right way. Thank you!

Hi @aledev,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Yes, you’re on the right track. You can create a single page template in Bricks and apply it to all your bike model pages. This template serves as a layout, and you can easily change the content (photos and texts) for each bike model. To facilitate this, you can use dynamic data, which allows you to link custom fields from plugins like ACF or MetaBox to elements in your Bricks template.

For instance, you can set up custom fields for bike descriptions and photos in your preferred plugin. Then, in Bricks, use dynamic data to display these fields, ensuring each page automatically shows the relevant content for each bike model. Additionally, consider setting up your bike pages as a Custom Post Type (CPT). This way, you can apply the single template to all instances of this CPT, which can make it easier for you to manage.

You can learn more about dynamic data here: Dynamic Data in Bricks.
And about templates here: An Intro to Templates.

Hi @charaf,

thank you for the comprehensive answer!

I have one last question, in the template type menù I need to select “Section”?

1 Like

If you’d like to use the approach I shared above regarding applying the template on all pages of a specific CPT, then you should choose “Single” for the template type.

1 Like

Ok perfect, thank you!

1 Like