Inserting pods dynamic data url into iframe src

Hello!

I am currently using PODS to create a CPT for virtual classes with a field for a youtube PLAYLIST.

I know that the regular video element can accept a single video url, but Luis told me that playlists are not supported.

I need to dynamically embed the youtube playlist url, but I have had many problems.

Essentially, I would like to be able to do this:

<iframe width="353" height="198" src="{pods_curso_virtual_video}" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And pass the url into the iframe src="" parameter.

I have tried using Wordpress’ internal embed by simply passing the url, but it outputs a link, not the embed. I tried using the [embed]{pods_curso_virtual_video}[/embed] shortcodes but this does not work. I tried the iframe and src="{pods_curso_virtual_video}" but this also does not work.

Please, someone help!

Hi, until just now, i had the same issue.

I used the (Textarea field under Custom Fields) from MetaBox, and I entered the Iframe. Important is, that under settings you need to set the “Custom Sanitize Callback” to NONE!
Then i used MetaBox View to create a shortcode just for the textarea field (with the Iframe in it).
Opened my template at bricks, and used the shortcode field.

and it worked =)

at least now, I can set for each of my Post an individual Podcast =)

Hope it might help you =)

Hi @timowessels, can you please share with us a detailed instruction for create the Shortcode ?

Thanks in advance !