How to query a posts from a specific author by the user id?

Hi everyone!

I created a CPT called “Team Members”. Some of that team members are also authors of blog posts. So I added a an ACF user field called “Team Member User ID”.

On the “Team Members” single page template I tried to setup the query but couldn’t manage to get the correct posts displayed.

What I tried was to set up a query for posts and query the user with the meta query:

Query:

• Typ: Posts
  • Posttype: Post

Meta Query:

• Meta Key: author (also tried author__in)
  • Meta Value: {Team Member User ID} (the correct user id is returned)
  • Compare: equal
  • Type: numeric (also tried char)

I already spent hours of googling the internet but couldn’t find a working solution for that and couldn’t get it to work. Any tipps for me?

Thank you very much. Every hint is very much appreciated.

All the best,
Max

3 Likes

I need this option too, in a similar way, to only show posts created by a user/author for a frontend dashboard

Does this help? Displaying current user posts with Query Loop - BricksUltimate

or try this one which has worked for me: Show only posts of logged in author when using Bricks Builder - YouTube

Any luck solving this?

I hope I get your requirement correct… You want to show posts from specific users, correct?
Why you don’t use simply users for that? Posttyp whateveryou need and filtered by “author”?

Same Issue.
Where is the option to filter this in Bricks?

return [
  'post_type' => 'post',
  'posts_per_page' => '4',
  'author' => '3',
];

Bricks 1.9.3

1 Like

When i using button have action load more ajax, it just load that query again, so how can i resolver it!