How to leave a note to myself in a template?

After playing around a little, I haven’t found an easy way to do this : As I work on a template, I may be pulled away or think of other things I want to do later to the element. So, I’d like to leave my myself a note that will be visible when I come back, but won’t appear on the front end.

Anyone want to develop a developer-side note element?

Harvey

2 Likes

I like it!

I think it doesn’t exist. I will suggest you to tag this post as “Feature requests” .
Thanks

You could add a text or code element and set it to display: none so it won´t show on the frontend. To make it visible in the backend add this to the custom css of the element:

#bricks-builder root {
  display: block;
}

So i don’t think that this is a real feature, because you can do it with one single line of css.

Alternatives: Pen and paper. A reminder app. A simple project management tool like trello. I use trello to keep track of bricks bugs i found, feature requests, ideas, todos, etc. and generally to keep track of large projects.

1 Like

Stefan,

Sounds perfect! I’ll give it a go.

I use Trello, Evernote, little bits of paper lying around, and so on. What I was looking for here is a place close to the action that I can’t overlook where I can leave notes.

This request was sparked by a post at WP Tavern in July: Create a Publishing Task List With the Todo List Block – WP Tavern.

Thanks,
Harvey

Hi Harvey,

i think it can’t be easier. You’ll get a very similar result (you can list your todos, strike through if you’re done, use colors…) instead of adding unnecessary bloat in form of another element and it is very easy to set up.

If it doesn’t work for you, you can always push your idea to the idea board and let the users vote :slight_smile:

Having the ability to adda note to the page or an element in the Structure panel would be helpful (with a visible indicator that is easy to see that a note is present).

This means if I have to revisit the page down the road I don’t have to hunt elsewhere for the note.

I added this feature request to the idea board.

1 Like