How should I use bricks to edit Product Description?

Hello, everyone!

For single product, I have some questions.

1. I would like to know what is the difference between editing a single product template and editing product content.

What’s the difference?

When clicking on “Edit with bricks”, I can edit any element of the product.

Why can I also edit any element of the product when clicking on “Edit content: Products”?

2. How do I edit the Product Description with bricks?

When I click this button, why I can still edit the entire product? Instead of only editing the product description with bricks.

So can I only use the Classic Editor to edit the product description?

I am a long-time elementor pro user.
With elementor, can create a single product template like bricks.
But when clicking on “Edit product with elementor”, only the product description can be edited.

So please tell me how to use bricks to edit product descriptions?
Thanks to the bricks team!

I answer your question number 1.

Edit product template is to edit the product singular template.

Edit product is for you to edit the content of your product only.

Hi Tallie,

The most efficient and best way would be to create and edit your product content (via edit product). This includes the product description. This way, you ensure that if you ever change the theme, all data is still there and accessible (the same goes for posts), and you can seamlessly use a new theme.

However, you also can extend your products individually with Bricks content. For example, you can add icon boxes to your product that highlight some features in particular. You do this by clicking on “Edit with Bricks”. To output this Bricks content in your template (in addition to all the other standard information), you can insert the Post Content element into your template and set the data source to “Bricks”. This way, the additional content created with Bricks will be displayed in your template.

Of course, you can also leave the product description blank in WooCommerce and include it in your Bricks content. However, this data is not readily available when you switch themes (similar to switching from Elementor to another theme).

I hope I could help a little.

Best regards,
timmse

Thanks, timmse

I will try more and choose an appropriate way.