[Guide Needed] ACF data turned empty when I choose the dynamic data from ACF

Hi!
I have a question about ACF in Bricks.

I want to ask, why would the ACF data turn empty?

It shows empty for image and text too.
Am I missing any steps?

Thank you!

Hi Jornes!

I couldnā€™t reproduce your issue.
Here is my premiere in screen casting:
Show Video ā€¦

Watched your video link, that is a strange one. Currently Bricks ā€œsupportsā€ those data types, and here is a link with a list of standard wordpress fields that Bricks supports with dynamic data. But currently there is no support yet for group/repeater fields and a few other advanced data types in ACF or Meta Box. But for text and a single image, this should not be a problem. Curious as to what you find out. I have found many limitations in the current support of dynamic data, but have dozens of productions sites that are utilizing basic dynamic data such as text, images etc.
Dynamic Data ā€“ Bricks Academy - bottom of the page has the listing of currently support fields/objects

1 Like

@flex
Hi! Thanks for your response!

I think I have missed one step that showing in your video. I shall check and try it out again.

:+1:

Hi Jornes,

I recently tested this with Bricks 1.3.6 and the upcoming Bricks 1.3.7 and it works fine. Can you please share your solution when youā€™ve fiddled it out?

Best regards,
timmse

@timmse Thank you!

I was actually not complaining that itā€™s an issue from Bricks but asking if I have missed any steps to make it work.

Thank you! :smiley:

All good, but I would still be interested in what you missed if you missed something :smiley:

1 Like

@timmse
Hey!
Iā€™m wondering if I have missed anything too.

Still not working for me. Still showing empty data. :laughing:

Still canā€™t get it to work.

Have to check to see if you are getting an output on the frontend?

Also, maybe disable some plugins ā€“ I see you are running both bricks and Zionbuilder at the same time, maybe a conflict?

Itā€™s nothing to do with this. Iā€™m testing the same thing for a few different sites. The site in the video is multisite. I have even tried it at a regular site(only Bricks). But, canā€™t seem to make it work too.

Iā€™m still wondering why it is not working. Weird!

I get it to work ā€“ I will create a little video showing you what I did. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Alright. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Here you go ā€¦ hope it helps. =)

2 Likes

Thanks for the video! Iā€™ll check it out tomorrow and come back to you! Itā€™s bedtime now here. :blush:

how do I get the 1.3.7 beta? Really need to test some of the added features and bug fixes! Would love to help test that release. Thanks

1 Like

Use this link: https://bricksbuilder.io/account/?beta=1.3.7. At the end of URL must be ?beta=1.3.7

1 Like

Gracias dude!!! Looking forward to testing some very needed features, especially change to dynamic data support.

1 Like

@shingen
I found assigning the ACF to the POST Type => Post, then it worked.

I am thinking to make it work this way.
For example, I need a global custom field, then I fill up the fields and use the Data I inserted anywhere on the website.

Like I am designing a home page, the ACF I assigned is Client Data(CPT) that stores Name, Phone Number, email, and some other stuff. However, when I select the ACF field(assigned to Client Data), it wonā€™t show on the homepage(like I showed in the screencast).

Not sure if you get what I am trying to say? :blush:

I stumbled upon this thread by accident so I thought it would be valuable to add something for others seeing this in the future.

As far as I understand what @jornes was looking for was an option to use ACF fields globally, anywhere on the page. He was trying to get the field value to work on homepage when it was in fact assigned to CPT. This couldnā€™t work as this kind of fields can return value only on the ā€˜thingā€™ (here CPT) they are attached to or when this ā€˜thingā€™ is returned in query loop. At least not in the straightforward way (*).

To get global ACF fields you need Options page which is part of ACF Pro: ACF | Options Page

(*) Is there a workaround? Yes, but I wouldnā€™t call it straightforward way. You can create a CPT and assign fields to it. Then call this field with PHP function get_field() while directly stating the post ID. See this thread and second part of this answer or step by step solution in this article (idk why it works on my Chrome but not Firefox Dev)