Git and Wordpress

Hello everyone.

I need your help about Git and WP. So, this is what I want to do and can you tell me if it’s possible.

I want to create a WordPress template, which means creating fresh WP install, installing and activating Bricks, all plugins I use, creating custom posts I always do, and so on. So, this will be a template and will use it to develop the new website, because I always start fresh which is not convenient.

However, I want to have my WP template on GitHub and install it on hosting from there. Of course, if I decide to add a new plugin to my template, I need to push it to GitHub, so to update my template.

But more importantly, this is what I want to be bale: when I push it to host and build a new website, I want to control that website from Github too - update plugins, make changes on GitHub, and then push it live.

Is it possible?

with bricks you cant do it reason is bricks saves pages on db.

learn wpvivid plugin and remote migration its free

just create template site and then remote migrate your template site with single click.

Hi Lasha, maybe you may leverage Bedrock for this. Take a look here Bedrock | Modern WordPress Boilerplate | Roots

1 Like

Thanks. I will try it.