Formatting Toolbar | Add Span and link creation options

I’d love to have the ability to create spans and links inside of text headlines (including headlines + basic text) like Webflow and Oxygen allow.

I know we can create these on the entire element using the html tag but it would be very useful to do these inline like other tools allow :slightly_smiling_face:

This would create a nested element in the structure panel too, which we can then use the UI to style:

CleanShot 2022-01-02 at 11.29.00@2x

Thanks

7 Likes

Hi Dean,

you can do that pretty easily by adding it to the field like so:

Or with the basic text element:

Btw., the nesting elements feature is already on the idea board and will find its way into Bricks sooner or later.

Best regards,
timmse

@timmse Yeah you can it with code, but the issue is you can’t use the UX to then style things and it’s just not super quick vs other solutions out there:

Hope that helps! Have a great day :slight_smile:

Hi Dean,

Yeah, I understand what you’re going for. That’s why I mentioned the nesting elements feature, which makes the difference. Oxygen allows nesting, Bricks not yet. So, this will become a Bricks feature in the future, but for now, you have to use the workaround with “custom code”.

Have a great day as well! :v:

2 Likes

Now that nesting is here, is a span wrapping UI shortcut on the cards?

3 Likes

i guess not. but stopped asking about, too many “pros” blaming people for such questions.

Very useful little thing, and very often needed one. Can’t wait for this feature to be shipped.

3 Likes

Yes, this is a great option. Btw, if you need to style the code with UX, you can add a CSS class in the code, and then add the same class to another element, style it there, and then remove it from that element. I think that should work. Kind of annoying though.

so nesting is here for quite a while. but not for text. :confused: