Filter Bricks Builder Loop with WP Grid Builder Facets

Hello,

I am trying to use WP Grid Builder to filter the Bricks Builder elements.
It works according to this tutorial: Filter Custom Queries - Gridbuilder ᵂᴾ

I am using a loop container. You can see the result here: Bricks #28121 | modusX

Unfortunately, the filter does not work. I have already talked to WP Grid Builder support. Here is the answer from Support:
“So, the filtering works fine.
But, your builder does not render some content with Ajax. … I just sent a message to the Bricks team to see what we can do together.
But for the dynamic tags, it seems to be coming from Bricks, because in this case, WP Grid Builder just renders the page again (but with Ajax).
I assume dynamic tags are disabled or undeclared in Bricks in the admin/ajax.
You can use a grid from WP Grid Builder instead or not use dynamic tags.”

Is there any way I can use the filter feature?

I have also asked in the Facebook community: unfortunately no one can help me: Bricks Community | Facebook

Thanks!

6 Likes

Is there any solution?
Thanks

@timmse can you help me? thanks

@stabilo Does this help in any way? Using WPGridBuilder Facets with Bricks’ Query Loop – BricksLabs

4 Likes

Thank you :saluting_face:! Thats exactly the way i tryed. But i will try again :slight_smile: Seems it should work :thinking:

Tried again according to the instructions and it works now! Thanks a lot for sharing @omega

1 Like

I have also tried the solution with 1.5beta and does not work as it should.
When a facet is clicked or the WPGridBuilder Lazy loading kicks in the content gets screwed. Dynamic Tags content becomes something else and the lazy loading screws up the page.
Has anybody a solution for this?

I haven’t tested it with 1.5, but if that doesn’t work for me it would be a problem. I use the WP Builder Facets a lot.

1 Like

I have written Brick’ support and they are looking why this is happening.
Another issue I am having is, that there is an issue when using GridBuilder on archive pages, which are also using Brick’s loop. GridBuilder does not find the query.
I hope that there is a way to get GridBuilder works on all pages in Bricks. As I am relying on it for a project too.

4 Likes

This is an important topic … hope this can be resolved as soon as possible!

2 Likes

I also used WPGridBuilder a lot with Oxygen and would love to use it with bricks

Hi. There is official wpgridbuilder support now. Gridbuilder ᵂᴾ on Twitter: “Bricks add-on for WP Grid Builder is available for beta testing. You can download it from your account if you have a valid license. Feel free to give us feedback on our support. #WordPress #plugin #BricksBuilder https://t.co/5UueHCx9v6” / Twitter

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Amazing

1 Like

There is still some major bugs from Bricks using wpgridbuilder ,

1. cant use codeblock at all.
  2. ALL DIVs will be added extra styling class "<div id=“listing-cont” style=“background-image: none” "

Hi. So, the new fix in v1.5.5 solves some issues linked to filtering and AJAX, that’s great news. I still have a problematic behaviour with posts loading 2 times. Not sure if linked to the fact that the CPTs are translated to another language. Nevertheless they appear on page first load when scrolling down (see Medias - Antoine Leclef and scroll down, you will see posts appearing double, at the end. If content is filtered then back to “all”, the problem does not happen.

Filtering doesn’t work on archive templates. Seems to be a JS issue or something. The filter never removes the "wpgb-loading " class, so it has the opacity lowered and doesn’t have hover/click.

Even after removing this class, the filters do nothing. It works on single pages, though.

This is with:
Bricks 1.5.5
WP Grid Builder 1.7.0
WP Grid Builder - Bricks Addon 1.0.0

Is the issue solved? Or can we use Wp Gridbuilder’s facets on archive loops??

This one related to ‘wpgb-loading’ is probably better reported to WPGB support.

Yup, I’m trying to work with their support. What I’ve found is that WP Grid Builder does not load correctly when using the default archive query for the Blog.

I’ve tested this rigorously by removing all plugins, caching, leaving the Bricks loop blank or setting to posts, etc.

For anyone that’s interested:

The way the Archive template conditions are set up in Bricks:

1. Posts archive
  2. All categories/tags
  3. Individual page → /news/

I then have /news/ set as the static blog page in (WP Settings > Reading > Posts Page)

• Remove /news/ as the static blog page == WP Grid Builder works
  • Remove the individual condition and move Bricks elements directly to the page == WP Grid Builder works

It works for Category/Tag archives, just not for the actual blog archive page.

So Grid Builder works fine on CPT archive pages as they don’t require an actual page to be made, WP creates those rewrites on it’s own.

So this is due to the fact that 1.5.5 does not support Infinite Scroll. Must be deactivated in Loop settings to stop having these double posts appearances. Haven’t tried yet reactivating Infinite Scroll in 1.5.6.