Feature request: Animate on scroll

I would like to request new feature: animate on scroll.

This is not basic “Intro & Outro” animation.

Check this video out to see what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5waeDUJpAMo

10 Likes

Interesting stuff. If that’s at all possible without slowing the page speed/score down (the speed is why I switched to Bricks in the first place) it’d be great. But I fear that the more of those pretty features gets added, the slower those pages will be.

However, the decision should remain up to the designer if he wants to insert these effects at the cost of speed. He can also not insert them. The scripts should then also not be loaded.

1 Like

It is very possible nowadays to load CSS/JS only if needed.
It can be done whether through PHP, or through JavaScript

I agree with this effect. Divi and Elementor have this. Hope Bricks will add this too.

6 Likes

Totally agree! Add it to the ideas board so it has a chance of getting on the roadmap!

4 Likes

Let’s take a look GreenSock Animation Platform (GSAP) to create even better scroll motion animation.

Divi already available child theme that utilize GreenSock Animation Platform (GSAP).

2 Likes

Does anyone testet this one? : https://motion.page/
On their page stand that it working on bricks…

I have it, but haven’t tried it yet :smiley: A far as I know, this is “layer” over the theme, so it should work with every builder.

Then try it for us :upside_down_face: :grin:
There is also Animate on Scroll?
Is it with shortcode??

I tried, it’s working perfectly :smiley: But I don’t know how to work with it, so I can’t help you with that features are supported and what not.

It works outside of Bricks builder, it opens new page, kinda like new “builder”

2 Likes

I will take a look at the documentation. Maybe it is a cool solution for some things.

Motion.page is great and detail but it is better if Bricks have motion effect built-in.

All website under my control is using Elementor.
Elementor cost hike anger many people, and moving to Bricks means more cost since I need to pay to Motion.page to get motion effect done.

Not only Elementor & Divi have motion effect,… now Brizy 2.4 also has motion effect:

1 Like

I discovered Bricks just a week ago, in general it makes a really good impression.

It would be great though if Bricks also has such an animation feature as shown in the video, that lets you adjust CSS properties by scrolling for example.

This is one of the features that still keeps me away from Bricks compared to Webflow and it would be outstanding if we could to that in Bricks itself instead of need to have and buy another plugin like motion page.

As far as I have seen, there are no updates on this yet. Is there anything known about this?

I agree with you. There should be a built-in feature for this, as it is widely available elsewhere.

You don’t need motion.page or bricksforge to use GSAP. They do allow you to work without coding which saves some people time. So that has a value which you can pay for. You also have the Web Animations API which is free to use. Webflow IX2 is not very performant and has plenty of issues. I usually use GSAP on Webflow projects (rare these days) which is portable and has many many more features and functionality.

1 Like

+1 Please add this basic feature.

1 Like

I don’t think it has been added yet… Is this in the request features for the roadmap?