Email Action on Forms

Hello,

I used the forms element to test email submissions, but every time I send an email I get the same error message “Submission failed. Please reload the page and try to submit the form again.” I am using the email action within the form.
Should I set up an email server somewhere on the wordpress dashboard? Does this rely on some other plugin I need to activate? Your assistance is most appreciated.

Thank you

Hi there,

Using a SMTP protocol to send email instead of the Wordpress function wp_mail() is recommanded.
You can try this plugin to do it: Easy WP SMTP – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Installing this plugin (or do it manually) will probably solve your submission issue.

Please note that your issue may be caused by your hosting services which (perhaps) block the Wordpress function for sending emails because of historical spams sent from your server.

Last but not least, don’t hesitate to add a recaptcha service (such as reCAPTCHA v3 by Google: reCAPTCHA) to your forms to increase security and avoid potential blacklisting.

Have a great day,

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I set up WP SMTP and it solved the issue! I host my website on an VPS.

Best Regards!

1 Like