Element Rename Bug

Bricks Version: 1.4
Browser: Chrome 101.0.4951.64

1. Create an element
  2. Try to delete all the characters with the backspace key
  3. When you delete the last character, it fills it back up with the default name

Here’s a preview below, but it’s pretty easy to reproduce.

Maybe it’s intended behavior, but I feel like it should only fill back to default if you leave it blank and press escape or something. Anyways, it’s just a minor annoyance I ran into.

Rename bug

2 Likes

I think this is intentional. But I agree, it is small annoyance sometimes.

1 Like

Hi,
It was already reported, but can’t find the post :neutral_face:

Agree with this, default or better, previous name, should apply only when ENTER key is pressed (or click elsewhere, or ESCAPE is pressed) and input is EMPTY, not while editing.

@Yan yes I did see this too but could not find the post to share.

@cmstew @matejmohar @yankiara

I agree and think it should be reverted to default or previous name if the name tag is empty when not in focus state (but allowed to be empty when in focus state).

2 Likes

Yes. This has been annoying.

Hey,
I think you guys are talking about this thread, right?

The current behavior is intentional, but I can move this over into Feature Requests / Improvements, which we will have a look at soon (there were already so many changes in 1.4 that we had to postpone the requests).

Best regards,
timmse

Hi @timmse,

I was going to report this but saw it was already reported here so I know I’m not alone. Do you have a plan to correct this behavior? Or will this behavior continue?

cheers

Maybe not the same bug but on more complex sites it’s happen also that you rename the element and after some new changes in the structure the naming resets.

Hi Jolia,
This report was not treated as a bug at the time because:

Since something has certainly changed again in the meantime, I need concrete information (video) about what your current problem is :slight_smile:

@sebastianberger The same applies to your problem. If you have reproducible steps, please create a new report. Then we will have a look at it.

2 Likes