Developing vue.js apps on a Bricks site - completely isolated?

My primary site is a traditional WordPress site, with a membership, courses, forums, product sales, etc. But the basic architecture is pretty straightforward i.e. a bunch of plugins emitting HTML/CSS, etc :slight_smile:

This will cover most of what I have planned, as I investigate my move from Oxygen to Bricks. However, there is one area of my site (a member dashboard) where I am interested to add a much more responsive experience.

For this I am very interested in using vue.js.

As far as I can tell, if I develop my vue.js pages/app it will effectively be a completely standalone/isolated subarea within my site. As such, Iā€™d use VSCode to develop and style my app.

I am assuming Bricks will neither help nor hinder that aspect of my site. But I am somewhat new to both Bricks and vue.js, so would like to know if I am missing something here?

Is there anything that I should be aware of, either in terms of how Bricks can help (styling elements perhaps) or will hinder me (conflicts, etc)?

PS : For anyone who is actively developing vue.js apps, Iā€™d also be interested in tools/apps you have found useful.

1 Like