Custom Fonts cannot selected from MediaLibrary

Bricks Version: 1.4.x
Browser: Vivaldi, Firefox
URL: (a link to a page that illustrates the issue would be really helpful)

If fonts already exist in the media library, they cannot be included via custom fonts.
For one thing, when you create the font style and then click upload, only the fonts that were installed via direct upload appear.
Fonts that were uploaded directly via the median library do not appear in the selection.

If you copy the URL of the font into the fields, they are not taken over during the update.

Work order: Start (Picture 01) Fontvarian: kursiv!
Media → Add new → upload Fontfiles in .woff .woff2 and ttf (Picture 03)
Bricks → custom fonts → edit a Font → add a font vairant → edit →

1. → copy the URL of the fonts into the fields → click update. (Picture 04)
    or
  2. → click upload and then you don’t see the fonts in the MediaLibrary. (Picture 02)

Picture 05 is the result: no font variant kursiv added.

I have attached screenshots.
The error is reproducible.

1 Like

Hi Medienhusky,
Thanks so much for your report!

You’re right that your approach doesn’t work that way, because there is currently only “one way” to upload and use fonts. Namely, the one described in the Academy:

I understand that this approach is a bit confusing for you, however, it is currently the only way that works. And hey, one way is better than no way - or a plugin :wink:

Best regards,
timmse

Hello timmse,
why does the manual URL input not work?
That should be the least problem to allow an input into the field. This would save you all the clicking until you select the font for the uplaod.
That is much more user friendly.

The current only way is really hardcore to use it. This is something klicki kids with a lot of time not but for professional web developers.

Best regards,
MedienHusky

2 Likes

Hi,

Could you please explain further why the builder needs a complete media attachment to serve custom fonts?

I have a multisite network and I want to include the fonts on the subsites, but without uploading the fonts to every subsites again. However, that’s not possible, since the custom fonts module does not use the URL but a media attachment.

If URLs were accepted, I could simply put in the URL to the font on the main site.

I think it’s quite misleading and confusing to show the URL as input value but not accepting it as that. This should definitely be fixed.

Hi Tobias,
Welcome to the forum.

The custom fonts are technically a custom post type and are treated as such. Feel free to submit your suggestion on the Idea Board :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

I have entered the idea before and it was not published.
Why should he try again now?

best regards,
MedienHusky

I highly recommend to use Matthias Altmanns Skript for font managing. :slight_smile:

Of course a native integration would be great but I think that don’t have the highest priority in the backlog in the moment (if I take a look to the roadmap).

2 Likes

I have observed the Bricks font manager and built a major upgrade solution.

Extra:

• Bulk font files upload
  • Font can be used on the Gutenberg editor as well
  • No FTP is required, and no snippet/script is required
  • Dedicated font manager
  • One-click Google Fonts self-host

For more detail: https://webfont.yabe.land/