Copy / Paste Using Flywheel Local

I have this working with MAMP and the generated certificate. MAMP is put to the side for now because it’s buggy using MAC OS Ventura 13.1 Crashes really often. No replies to ticket other than file a bug report. meh

I’m now trying to use it with Local and hitting a snag. Using Local’s “real” (ish) domains and have set up a trusted certificate.

Local version 6.6.0+6231
Bricks 1.6.1
Tested latest Chrome and Firefox Developer

Same domain even does not work.

Not one reply in 5 days.

This is not good.

Hi jmcbade .
I think Bricks using event.clipboardData to retrieve the copied data in Firefox. So you should enable this option.

1. Open a new tab, address bar enter about:config, accept the ricky thing checkbox
  2. Search for “dom.events.asyncClipboard.readText”
  3. Double click it to change the value as true
  4. Close and Open again the browser
  5. Refer to GIF

https://s3.gifyu.com/images/ff-copy.gif

Thank you but this is already set.

Any other ideas?

I am not seeing the issue with updated MAMP who finally fixed their issues using MAC M1 and Ventura.

Not sure if you found a solution, but stumbled on this article when I was having issues copying and pasting on local. In order to copy from local to live website you must have an SSL certificate install on the local website. Unfortunately that is not possible to do automatically, so I did some further research and found this tutorial. Managing a Local site’s SSL certificate in macOS - Local
It worked and I’m now able to copy and paste from local to live websites. Hope this helps anyone that comes across this thread.

1 Like