Cloning a site with NS Cloner

I’m currently working on a multisite project where I need to clone a subsite.

For that I use the NS Cloner plugin.

On the WordPress side, everything works fine. All the files and config get copied.

However, Bricks (and BricksExtras) loose all settings and more importantly all CSS classes, color pallets and design styles.

As I can remember, I already tried this a few months ago and back then it worked. Has something changed with how Bricks saves data? Is the data somewhere else stored than in the default subsite options?

Would be great if somebody has a proper working way to clone a Bricks subsite inside a Multisite environment.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Interestingly I had a post recently about something very similar using WordPress native Import/Export tooling, and was told it’s “not a bug” when the CSS classes and such are missing which seems very strange to me. Waiting on a response to that still as I believe it’s a bug that the CSS classes from elements are not included. Not sure if completely related to “NS Cloner” so may be different issues but seems like the same general experience.

The problem was the Lightspeed Cache plugin for me. It created entries in the new subsite options table before the clone has finshed. Disabling it has done the trick!