Add new widget vertical and horizontal timeline

Hello, the vertical or horizontal timeline can be used for showing how team works step by step or timeline review, You can also make a list of reviews in this order, you are limited only by your imagination.

P.S. I write this future request on the idea board, but I write more ideas (and sent on email), and not one of them has yet been added, I do not know because they did not have time to process (since everything is manual) or for other reasons, in order to be sure that someone else will see my idea, I decided to write here too, since so far there is no system of notification about the status of our ideas, on Facebook I saw that there are people like me who wrote their ideas and requests and did not see them even after 7 days.

5 Likes

+1 for this feature!
I really want to avoid the use of an extra plugin to accomplish the timeline view, so adding this option to the posts element would be useful in my case.

Hi

not a new widget, but maybe an idea until a timeline widget is available.

You can use the timeline design from Craka

but instead of adding the items manually like he did, make a query loop out of the first container that runs over the posts and gets the content dynamically.

For example, you can make a custom post type “timeline” and create all timeline items there.

Based on Crakas youtube video, the structure with the new query loop “Block” inserted could then look like this:

Timeline

Based on what info or dynamic content you want to show, you can add the elements inside the div within the content container.

This way you get a timeline without a widget or a plugin.

Cheers

Patric

Check BricksExtras, created by @wplit …

New Timeline element available since last week:

1 Like

Fantastic, thanks for the suggestion @Patric, will try implementing this.
Cheers!

Hello, I propose you a vertical timeline solution without using plugins or code, only using the Bricks elements. I have also created a free downloadable help section template. You can see it in my video:

And the Bricks template can be downloaded for free from this URL:

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hi,

Found this one today.

Maybe the best one, and free.

Cheers

Patric

Hey @davidovmihail , you don’t need a widget for this. This can be easily achieved with the all the existing element widgets you have in Bricks. I have created a simple responsive timeline for a recent project which I’ve shown in the GIF (I’ve replaced the text out for privacy purposes). There are no images involved for the vertical line and the purple date indicators in this timeline; they are all pure CSS

screencast-2023.04.28-01_10_49

You’ll have more control over how your timeline can look like rather than have a widget dictate it for you.

2 Likes