ACPT in Bricks questions

Hi,

I’m trying the free version of ACPT before buying it and have some questions for ACPT PRO users in Bricks as Mauro is away this week and I need to make a decision.

1. I noticed that in the dynamic data dropdown, as well as seeing the custom fields, I’m also seeing for each custom field another entry with ‘type’ appended at the end:

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 16.20.51

Is this correct? If it is this is going to add a lot of unnecessary entries in the list.

1. Do the ACPT custom fields get grouped in the dynamic data dropdown under an ACPT heading (like happens for ACF and Metabox)?

2. If I have say 4 CPTs and they all have a field of the same name (as the field is a dropdown list linked to the same custom taxonomy), is it easy to tell the 4 fields apart in the dynamic dropdown so you pick the right one in a query? Is the field name in the dynamic dropdown preceded by the CPT name?

Thanks.

Hello Simon,

1+2 Here’s a preview of what ACPT Pro looks like in bricks. I think the Custom Fields showing the type field might be a bug. Also, the custom fields section items showing with Pro might also be a bug. Mauro is very responsive though, so I’ll reach out to him and see what he thinks. The Bricks integration is quite new as well as the plugin in general, so don’t expect a perfectly polished product. But it really is a great product! :partying_face:

1. Yes, the field name is preceeded by the metabox name as well as the post type name. (as you can see in my previous screenshot.) :slight_smile:

Hi Curtis,

Many thanks for the reply.

I sent Mauro an email about all of this so he’ll get back to me once he is back off holiday. I like the look of ACPT especially its price compared to Metabox and ACF as I need repeating groups and galleries so ACPT has all I need but it is new (but I bought Bricks some time ago so it being new software isn’t an issue with me). With the current 30% discount, a personal LTD is excellent value so I’ll probably purchase it.