Wrong use of line-height for menu items height

Bricks Version: 1.5b

Hi,

Menu items have a fixed hardcoded line height which overrides the real body text line-height.

It is not the first time I encounter this, issue was the same with buttons (and hopefully has been fixed).

I can’t understand this systematical use of line-height which has nothing to do with height and which breaks all mulitine texts. Can you please remove all these properties?

Thx!

1 Like

The problem is, Bricks doesn’t show you the default values in the style panel. It would be easy enough to show the line height for example in the element’s style settings marked in some way as a default setting (I agree that the line height should be removed, I’m just using it as an example).

I used to use Avada and there were hard coded defaults in a lot of places which meant lots of wasted time looking at the inspector.

Hi Yan,
The menu items inherit the body line-height. However, you can set the line height for both menu types within the Typography Settings of the menu items.

Undoubtedly, various default styles date back to the early days of Bricks and sometimes make more, sometimes less sense, and, in some cases, are not visible as placeholder values.

However, removing certain default styles would be an enormously radical and extensive step that should be carefully considered, as this step would most certainly affect the appearance of some websites.

Best regards,
timmse

Hey,

It really seems line height is hardcoded and does not inherit from body:

I haven’t set 60px anywhere in settings.

I understand sometimes such changes could break backward compatibility with the existing, but I prefer a healthy software with good foundations than a hacky one :wink:

Hi Yan,
I agree. However, you can override the default line-height by editing the typography settings of the mobile menu items :slight_smile: