SOLVED IN 1.4: Visual resizing fonts mixes units

Bricks Version: 1.1.3
Browser: Brave Version 1.36.116 Chromium: 99.0.4844.74 (Official Build) (64-bit)
URL: screenrecord: https://screen.matriarch.ie/app/play/o3PaUr57#Bb8ct8Gh

When resizing visually/manually on the mobile viewport, a padding set in rem on desktop, the value changes in px but not the unit.
In the video shared above, the 81px appears as 81 rem in the builder. When saving and refreshing, it becomes “real” 81 rem and creates a huge padding.

Hi Jo,
Thanks a lot for your report!

We are aware of the issue, that when using the drag functions to change the padding or margin, the unit resets to px (on desktop viewport), but this one is new :smiley:

I’m able to reproduce the issue with Bricks 1.3.7, but I’m pretty sure we’re going to resolve the issue within Bricks 1.4 :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

Cool!
While in this topic, is there a way to set the default padding for containers in the theme? I found the root container settings but I don’t find “containers” in the element list in the theme settings.
Thank you!

Hey,
currently, you can only set a root container (the outermost container) margin and padding globally.
But you can add custom CSS like

.bricks-container:not(.root) {
  padding: 2rem;
}

to target every bricks container, except for the root container. Or as an alternative, you can apply a class to each container that needs your default padding.

Thanks a lot, simple and obvious :slight_smile: