Bricks now with Unlimited Sites & Upcoming Lifetime Price Increase

WIP: V1.3.6: Pods Checkbox Value Displays only 1 or 0

Bricks Version: 1.3.5/1.3.6
Browser: Brave 95

Since Bricks 1.3.5 the checkbox field from Pods displays only 1 or 0 instead of the value (text) from the Yes/No Label field.

Hi @HeroRox,

thank you very much for the report. I took a quick look into the pods documentation:

The Yes / No field can store boolean-like values. If saved, it will only save a “0” or a “1” value to the database.

So the return value is always “0” (false = no) or “1” (true = yes) and this is not a bricks bug.

As far as I can see it is not possible to return the label as well (like with Advanced Custom Fields). To do something with the true or false values, you can use a PHP if/else statement and query what was selected, and output a string accordingly.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi @timmse, thanks for checking this out! Until Bricks 1.3.4 Pods shows the label as entered, so I assumed that it came to the change by Bricks 1.3.5.
So I had to roll back to 1.3.4 again. :sob:

Hello @HeroRox & @timmse

Yes, I confirm Bricks 1.3.5 introduced this bug. We’ll have it fixed in the coming Bricks release (1.3.7).

Hi Luis, thanks for your reply. I’m happy to hear that. Btw: I have just found the error also with the field “Relationship, Simple (custom defined list)”.

1 Like