WIP: Sometimes the drag function is not working

Sometimes the drag function is not working in structure panel but working on the builder page.

Thank you

1 Like

Confirmed!
After reloading the browser window it’ll work again.

Btw, this should be in the Bugs Category.

1 Like

Updated to Bugs category

Yes this has been the case for a while now. Definitely annoying, but thankfully easily worked around by refreshing the page as @timmse noted. Can confirm I see this issue too.

Hello @VijayKumarIM , @timmse, @d19dotca

Do you know how to reproduce the error?

Unfortunately I haven’t seen any specific reproduction steps that work consistently, but sometimes it can go for a while (10+ minutes after loading the editor and adding elements and then wanting to drag them around to re-organize them) without encountering the issue and then other times it’s only a couple of minutes into editing and adding new elements and such and when I want to drag one suddenly I can’t “grab” anything in the Structure menu to move/drag.

If it helps, I mostly use Safari on macOS. Not sure if that’s a common element with others or not.

I tried various variants to reproduce the error and found that the error occurred when I added a container and some elements inside the container. If I delete that container then it started working again.

And if I undo the action (delete container) then it started working again even with container presence. It’s very difficult to understand/explain this problem but it’s there and happening sometimes.

I didn’t checked the issue with other browsers, I am using Brave (Chromium Based) with ad blocker (FYI)

I am not sure if it’s a big of an issue but posting for your information. It is rarely happening.

Thank you

1 Like

Same here. I’m on Microsoft Edge.

My experiences are pretty much the same as @VijayKumarIM.
I’m using latest Chrome (on Windows / MacOS).

I also get this issue at seemingly random times. An annoyance, to be sure, but not a deal breaker.

It happens on latest chrome for me. I’ve noticed most of the time it happens is if I leave the tab open for a while and tab out to other pages or programs and then come back after a good while.

1 Like