SOLVED IN 1.4: Line Height Wont Change in Sidebar Template

Bricks 1.3.6
Chrome 96
Windows 10 21H1

So when I am creating a template for a post and when I go to edit the line height attribute it doesn’t change. I have tried editing it’s parent container, the sidebar itself, and nothing works. Every other setting in the “content typography” section is editable and applies correctly, but not “line height.”

I have included a screenshot showing off 3 different situations.
1 is a baseline where nothing is edited, 2 is a where I change the line height and nothing happens, and 3 is where I change the letter spacing to show that the settings that I am applying are applicable to the section that I am expecting them to.

I am still very much new to bricks and WordPress as a whole so there very well may be something that I am missing. I edited the CSS directly to see if that would change anything, but that didn’t change it at all. I was trying to research the problem and saw something saying that there is inheritance from a larger div element, but that didn’t fix it for me.

If this ends up being user error and not a bug I apologize. I spent hours trying to work around it, but to no avail.

Thank you very much,
Levi

Hey @MrPotatoe722

Firstly, welcome to the forum. Secondly, never apologize. We are all here to learn, regardless of whether it is a user error or not. If it is a user error and you figure out how to do it, hopefully, you will pass this knowledge on in the future to someone who comes across this too :slight_smile:

In relation to trying to help, I am guessing you have already checked but, check the frontend (not the builder or the preview screen). And see if the changes have taken? Sometimes there is a quirk, where it does not show until it is published on the front end.

What element are you trying to edit, the posts element?

1 Like

Thank you for your response. While that wasn’t something I was doing before, it didn’t seem to change much.

So my structure is I have a post template where I have the content taking up 75% of the left and I have the sidebar with the other latest posts taking up the right 25%. Right now because there is so much space in between the lines of the sidebar, it’s a really inefficient use of screen and just looks kinda ugly.

I am trying to edit the sidebar which I have defined to contain the latest 5 posts. From there I want to edit the post blurb and shrink it down so it will be more condensed so it will look nicer to have multiple of them on top of each other.

Additionally, I don’t think the “title typography” section is working how I would expect it to either. I tried to make it bold or uppercase, something to make it stand out from the content below it and the settings didn’t apply either.

The thing that is weirdest is some of the changes take, but others don’t.

Thank you for your time

Hi Levi,

can you please provide a live link? That would make things a lot easier I think.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

@timmse Thank you for taking the time to respond,

Sorry for the delay, the holidays prevented me from getting around to making the website public. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Hi Levi,

No problem. You are right, the line-height doesn’t apply because it gets overridden by .bricks-element-sidebar .bricks-widget-wrapper li. I’ll add this to our bug tracker.

In the meantime, you can change the line-height by simply adding this to the sidebar elements custom CSS:

.bricks-element-sidebar .bricks-widget-wrapper li {
line-height: 1.2; /** change this to your needs **/
}

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like