SOLVED: Infinite Scroll Query Bug

Bricks Version: 1.5
Browser: Chrome 103

Could be a bug using infinite scroll . It shows post from all category when you finish each category’s posts.

for me it’s not working at all. Not infinite scroll nor pagination

1 Like

Hi @g97iulio

Tested and can confirm the bug.

Will add an update when there is more info to share.

1 Like

Hello @g97iulio

We already fixed a bug that was happening when using the infinite scroll on query loops inside of CPT archive or custom taxonomy archive templates. It seems this covers the bug you described.

The fix will be available on the Bricks 1.5.1 release.

Thank you,
Luis

3 Likes

any hot fix or correction i can do to fix it now without waiting new version ? because it’s a big bug and right now i’m obliged to use wpgridbuilder as alternative, but doesn’t work properly because doesn’t fetch well with brick tpl as search and category.

Hello @g97iulio

Bricks 1.5.1 is almost ready. I believe it will be available for you in a few days if the testing phase goes smoothly.

In the meantime, I suggest you use the Query Loop without infinite scroll and maybe use a pagination element (without ajax enabled).

Thank you
Luis

1 Like

Hi @g97iulio,
We’ve fixed this bug in Bricks 1.5.1 RC, which is now available as a manual download in your account.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

Has this been fixed sorry?

I updated to 1.5.1 and have enabled infinite scroll on both blog and CPT (cocktail) pages, but it still seems to do nothing when I scroll? Am I doing something wrong as it seems quite a simple process, used Oxygen’s one loads in the past with no issues.

I’ve had to add a pagination for now as it doesn’t show the blogs otherwise.

FYI: Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

Cheers

Hey Rob,
For me, the infinite scroll works with 1.5.1 RC without problems. Is the page publicly accessible?

Hi @timmse

I’ve reverted back to 1.5 as it bugged out so many things for me I was spending hours trying to work out how to fix things, so for now it’s back to 1.5. Could be switching from 1.5 to 1.5.1 maybe rather than fresh - I’ve noticed tonnes of data issues when moving from one to the other - i.e spacing values, settings, nestable slider settings, etc. all going array.

I’ve cloned the site and upgraded to 1.5.1RC on here: Blog - Distilled Non Alcoholic Spirits Devon - SeaArch

Re-recorded just on this page: Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

It’s still not working as per my video above though unless I am missing something :confused:

Thanks dude :pray:

1 Like

Confirm this bug… No infinite scroll when you activate the blog post page with a query loop.
Version 1.5.3.

If I disable from being a blog post page works perfect. Actually your infinite scroll is smooth AF!!! <3

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up again, Rodrigo!
I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to the bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

I’m also having an issue with infinite scroll. When I have a query loop on the search results template, infinite scroll does not work. I have it set-up on other spots of my site and it works fine in those spots.

Hey Mundy,
Thanks so much for the hint! I’ve added the info to the existing task :slight_smile:

When will there be a fix? It’s still not working for me with cpt

1 Like

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed this bug in Bricks 1.5.6, now available as a one-click update within your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

Hey, was this fixed?

I’m running 1.5.7 and still when I choose Infinite Scroll nothing happens?

I’m using WPGridBuider currently as a work around that works prefectly.

Many thanks

Hey Rob,
Where exactly and in which scenario does the problem occur?

Hey! Basically every loop I’m using, albeit I’ve not got loads of content/posts.

Do you think it’s because the scroll is super sensitive so they all just load anyway? The posts number caps I added didn’t seem to work either though setting 8 I saw all 9 when I loaded the page :confused:

I can’t see any problem. You see that it works when the browser scroll bar jumps up while scrolling. Maybe just test it again with a few more posts so it’s more obvious?