SOLVED: Heading color not inherited by container typography setting

Bricks Version: 1.5-Beta(this issue persists since 1st version)
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: -

Hi!
I have wanted to report this issue for a long time(this issue was there since very first version) but always forget to do so. Now, I want to write it before I forget again.

The issue has been clearly stated in the title of this post.
The containerā€™s typography setting did not inherit headingā€™s colour.

Refer to the screencast, and you will know what Iā€™m trying to say.

For example, I am setting the hover effect for a full-width container. I inserted a heading, basic, and rich text into the container. I want the colour of all text in the container to change when I hover over the container. But, only basic text and rich text have been reflected when I hover over it. But the heading has not reflected the changes. By right, the heading would also change to yellow together.

I donā€™t think this should be done by styling inner selector.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you!

Regards,
Jornes

1 Like

Hi Jornes,
Thanks so much for your report!

As you correctly pointed out, the ā€œproblemā€ has been around for a while. It is simply because the headings have a default color (which I think we can do without since it is almost black anyway). I will address this internally. Fingers crossed!

Best regards,
timmse

3 Likes

Alright. Thanks, @timmse ! :wink:

Short info: will be fixed in 1.5 stable :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Glad to hear that, @timmse ! :smiley:

This seems to still be an issue in 1.7.3 I came here to report the bug.

1 Like

Hi Andrew,
Do you have a live link where I can see the problem?

Indeed, this still seems to be an issue.
I am setting psudostate hover for a block to affect the typography, changing it to red. While basic text is affected, headers are not.

Hi @CuriousCase , welcome to the forum!
Can you please provide a live link and a screencast using https://jam.dev showing and explaining whatā€™s happening?

Best regards,
timmse