SOLVED: Ghosted values showing from lower breakpoints on higher Breakpoints

Bricks Version: 1.5.5
Browser: Opera latest

Hi Team,

With custom breakpoints set (not sure if a factor or not). But I will be on the desktop breakpoint (Desktop first editing), and I will have ghosted values within margins, padding, sizing, etc. Although the editor did not show the applied ghosted value (which it wouldn’t if applied to a lower bp), dev tools do not show it, of course.

The obvious debug is to check the ID, the class, and the higher breakpoints from which it will have flowed down from. These were all clean. However, the ghosted values remain.

Found them on lower BPs which makes no sense to show the ghosted values on higher BPs.

Many thanks

Mick

2 Likes

Hi Michael,
Thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes

This is making me cry. :sob: Please fix.

2 Likes

Yes second this.

Added (feel it’s related)

I find values are NOT displayed while they are there. A bug which was fixed earlier.

So it displayes ‘nothing set’, yet a margin / padding / font-size / border / radius IS applied.
Meaning continuously searching where it is coming from.

Also seeing ‘blank fields’ where settings are applied, and even a ’ - ’ while the higher breakpoint’s margin is being applied.

2 Likes

I was surprised this did not make it into 1.5.6, but how has this missed TWO bugfix releases???

This is really impacting workflow:

Here’s a quick video of the issue!

I am not one to complain heck, I have had this other outstanding bug as a WIP since May. WIP: Add Image To ::before Psuedo Class - #3 by Michael

But this should be a priority!

2 Likes

happens. just get used to… :confused:

I also noticed the same. Sometimes, I have even seen the padding fields go missing when I select the global class. I will take a screencast when I have time later.

Updated:

Screencast added

Haha @jornes , I actually thought that was a new UI improvement they added that I had missed - this happens to me also all the time, constantly having to switch between class and ID I think this crept in on 1.5.5 too!

2 Likes

Haha! If it’s a new UI, no one could give spacing for the margin then. Ghosted bug lol…

By the way, hope that they will fix it up soon.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that in my case, the grayed out number is nowhere to find. It’s not even hidden in a lower breakpoint nor the global theme settings, it’s simply not there at all. I just see random grayed out numbers all over the editor which is extremely confusing!

True! Same thing that I noticed as well.

1 Like

Hey @johannes @jornes, I think some that you find in elements will be hard coded for the elements to have a basic style, but I agree, it still throws you off, and you have to go and check everything to be sure.

I can confirm I have some presets in the theme setting. But some no(I will further investigate, anyway). But the padding/margin field missing when clicking on the global class is also the most frustrating.

Hey @Michael ,
Bricks 1.6 beta contains a fix for this problem. However, we would be happy if you could briefly test whether the problem is fixed so that we can include it in Bricks 1.6 stable.

You can find the beta version in your account:
https://bricksbuilder.io/account/?v=1.6-beta

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

I tested it. It works fine on 1.6 beta.

1 Like

Hey Stefan,

Can confirm @macksix testing.

Massive thanks for getting this through!

Many thanks

Mick