WIP: Functions don't apply for CSS ID

Bricks Version: 1.5
Browser: Chrome 90

Hey guys,

I was trying to assign a dynamic ID to the elements inside a query loop. So I tried to add the post_id function:

but it didn’t work as expected:

Schermata 2022-08-18 alle 07.08.30

Can we please add this feature? It would be super handy for custom anchors and targeting.

Cheers,
Maxime

4 Likes

Hello @maximebeguin

Thank you for your post.

We’ll add this in the coming Bricks release.

Cheers
Luis

2 Likes

Thanks @luistinygod !

Yeah thanks, this would be very handy

Is this add to Bricks?

Hey Cees, not yet. Unfortunately, it’s still in progress. We’ll provide a fix as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hey @timmse can we expect this bug to be resolved in the next version of Bricks? I see that it’s an old bug and this is really important for us. Thanks!

any timeframe when we can expect a fix? thanks!

As a workaround for now, you can use the data-attribute field with id as label and your function as value. Not ideal but it does the job done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was looking at this thread (DUPLICATE: Form - Custom Action: Login - Custom redirect URL: Dynamic Data - #3 by keironpeel) and was forwarded to this thread instead.
I have the same problem with ACF (and also tested Pods).
Now I see this is dated August 22, so I m not sure if we can expect a solution or not.

My specific problem:
At each product page, I put a button what triggers a pop up with a form, and after filling your email address and clicking the submit pdf, a pdf is downloaded.
The url of this pdf I tried to get from an ACF (or pods) field, and this is not working.
It renders me …/{pods_product_pdf_nl or …/{ACF_product_pdf_nl what ofcourse results in ==> Whoops, that page is gone