SOLVED: Functions don't apply for CSS ID

Bricks Version: 1.5
Browser: Chrome 90

Hey guys,

I was trying to assign a dynamic ID to the elements inside a query loop. So I tried to add the post_id function:

but it didn’t work as expected:

Schermata 2022-08-18 alle 07.08.30

Can we please add this feature? It would be super handy for custom anchors and targeting.

Cheers,
Maxime

4 Likes

Hello @maximebeguin

Thank you for your post.

We’ll add this in the coming Bricks release.

Cheers
Luis

2 Likes

Thanks @luistinygod !

Yeah thanks, this would be very handy

Is this add to Bricks?

Hey Cees, not yet. Unfortunately, it’s still in progress. We’ll provide a fix as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Hey @timmse can we expect this bug to be resolved in the next version of Bricks? I see that it’s an old bug and this is really important for us. Thanks!

any timeframe when we can expect a fix? thanks!

As a workaround for now, you can use the data-attribute field with id as label and your function as value. Not ideal but it does the job done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was looking at this thread (DUPLICATE: Form - Custom Action: Login - Custom redirect URL: Dynamic Data - #3 by keironpeel) and was forwarded to this thread instead.
I have the same problem with ACF (and also tested Pods).
Now I see this is dated August 22, so I m not sure if we can expect a solution or not.

My specific problem:
At each product page, I put a button what triggers a pop up with a form, and after filling your email address and clicking the submit pdf, a pdf is downloaded.
The url of this pdf I tried to get from an ACF (or pods) field, and this is not working.
It renders me …/{pods_product_pdf_nl or …/{ACF_product_pdf_nl what ofcourse results in ==> Whoops, that page is gone

Hey Jan, sorry for the late reply, and welcome to the forum!
Your specific issue should have been fixed in Bricks 1.7:

Hi Maxime,
We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.7.1, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

How do we include the value from one of the fields types in as a paramter in the URL? This post fixes how to use an custom field in the redirect, but is there no way to easily point to a field value and include that to be passed in a redirect target for a from action?

1 Like