SOLVED: Extra padding in empty cart / icon size with external files

Hi
There is an extra side padding in empty cart template need to be fixed
Watch the video please

Also some of the icons in the empty cart template lose their styling, look at the question icon!

Hi Mehdi,
Thanks so much for your report!

A working live link would be very beneficial. Can you provide me with one?

Best regards,
timmse

https://horamanshop.ir/cart/

You can see that some styling are missed

Hi Mehdi,
You’ve already overwritten the padding, so what’s the problem?

Also, the question mark “icon” is part of the image :man_shrugging:

Best regards,
timmse

Lets start again :sweat_smile: please check this images and website
In this template you can see the it adds extra padding to the whole page and also the font-sizes applied for the icons are missed too

https://test.horamanshop.ir/cart

Hey,
The 20px padding is the default, but you can easily override it as you already did if you don’t want it.

It looks like you’ve set a font-size of 60px on .brxe-icon, so it applies to every icon:

Well it adds the side padding to every thing in the empty cart template while you don’t want that padding! So i believe it’s inconvenient

For the icon size i didn’t assign 60px, i applied a var(–text-xl) but it doesn’t work
So i have to add !important in the styling tab to make it work!

Conclusion: there are some problems in the empty cart template while we don’t see this weird behavior in other pages and templates

Hey Mehdi,
That’s the way it is with defaults: for some, they are ok, for others not. If you don’t like the default, simply overwrite it.

I have now been able to reproduce the problem with the icon size. It only occurs with external files. With inline styles everything is fine.

1 Like

Hey Mehdi,
Can you please re-check the icon size issue with Bricks 1.8.1? Should have been solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi sorry for late reply, i just checked it on 1.8.2 version and it hasn’t been fixed. I still have the extra padding