SOLVED: Display of Shortcode content disappears from Editor after any change is made

Bricks Version: 1.3.7
Browser: Safari 15.5

There appears to be an issue when using the Shortcode widget and making any changes inside the text of it. Even simply adding in a space immediately forces the Shortcode display to disappear, causing me to need to reload the canvas I make a change to the Shortcode.

Video included: File Sharing by Dustin Dauncey)

The shortcode itself is generated by Meta Box’s Frontend Submission, though I don’t believe it’s a Meta Box issue. Happy to be proven wrong though. I tried searching the forum but didn’t see it reported here yet.

Can confirm I see this behaviour in the latest 1.4 beta as well.

Hi Dustin,
Thanks a lot for your report!

Usually, this happens because the shortcode cannot be rendered via AJAX. Bricks use AJAX to refresh the elements on the Canvas. If the shortcode is not “registered” during an AJAX request, Bricks doesn’t have any possibility to render it.

We have to see if there is a better solution for this.

Best regards,
timmse

Interesting. For what it’s worth I tried using the same form in Oxygen Builder (just to see if this was a Meta Box issue) and it was rendered correctly and without disappearing if I changed anything in the shortcode, so I hope that Bricks Builder can improve how it renders the shortcodes soon. :slight_smile:

Hi @timmse,

I suppose the latest changes in 1.5 beta are meant to address this and other similar shortcode issues reported in the forum? https://bricksbuilder.io/changelog/#5113

Nice to see :slight_smile: Thanks for all the hard work!

PS - Saw the following posts which I think may be related, listing here just for convenience for anyone who comes across this in the future:

Yep, we’re trying to swap the AJAX Render with WP REST API Render which is currently work in progress. In some cases it already works, in some not. That’s why the setting in Bricks » Settings » Builder is “experimental”.

2 Likes