SOLVED: Code editor pointer/cursor issue

Bricks Version: 1.4
Browser : Chrome

Hi,

When I click for the first time inside the code editor after having selected it, cursor doesn’t show at the right place (pointer position), it can even be out of the code itself, in the (normally unaccessible) empty space below or on the right of the code.

Then, when I start typing, text doesn’t even appear at (wrong) cursor position, but in another new random place in the code!

(NOTE: Strangely, in the video, we can’t see the mouse pointer in code editor, but I clicked on the line below the first cursor appearance.)

Hot fix: Type one letter first only, delete with BACKSPACE, then startover at the right place.

(I noticed that sometimes CTRL-A before first key stroke could solve the issue, but not always.)

This is definitely the most annoying bug in Bricks ever.

3 Likes

Hi Yan,
Thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker. The problem has been with us for a while and I agree that it is one of the most annoying bugs (at least for those who regularly use the code element).

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Fixed in Bricks 1.5beta :raised_hands:
Please let us know if you still encounter any problems.

Best regards,
timmse

I’m having this issue on v1.8.3.

Hi João,
Welcome to the forum!

I can’t reproduce the problem anymore. Can you record a short screencast showing and explaining the problem?

I know how to recreate this, I see it all the time.

It’s after the width of the panel has been changed (or at least this is one way to recreate it), when you first try to place the cursor to edit some code at a particular point, it appears in the wrong place at first when you’re clicking to positon it. But then as soon as you start typing from then on it’s in the right place, and then works ok until you resize it again then the same happens.

Will record a quick screen recording. May be difficult to see from the video, but that’s the steps above.

Hey David,
Thanks so much for the video and the hint that it occurs after resizing. These are the crucial clues that we need :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.2, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Changelog: Changelog – Bricks

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to restart file explorer.