WIP: Button Element "Bugs" (missing options)

Bricks Version: 1.3.3
Browser: Chrome 92

Hi guys,
i stumbled upon several problems with the button element.

Outline Buttons

1. There are no options in Theme Styles to style outline buttons.
  2. When inserting a button element with Style “none” (default button style), the outline class won´t get applied if outline is selected.
  3. When the button style is set e.g. “Primary”, the default Bricks outline style (yellow border) will be applied

Some more missing settings / problems related to buttons:

Regular Buttons

1. No Theme Style Options for Muted, Info, Warning, Success and Danger Buttons
  2. Info, Success and Warning Button are using “Info Color” as background color
  3. Secondary Button picks “Secondary Color” as background color, not the Secondary Button background color

Hi,

In 1.4RC, button background color defined in them style overrides outline transparent background:

By the way, outline does apply only to primary/etc. buttons, doesn’t it ?

It is very confusing to have global settings AND primary/etc colours AND primary/etc button styles.

Hahaha, I had long forgotten about that post (back then I was still a “normal” user) :sweat_smile:

You’re right, the default button styles are currently overriding every other button style and the outline option isn’t working with the default button :unamused:

And yes, it is very confusing and that’s why we are going to deprecate the theme style colors (they are back from the early days when there were no color palettes) in one of the next versions (not in 1.4). We already created an internal task for this some time ago.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

BUMP!!!

I’m so shocked to see that 1.6beta still doesn’t fix this whole button/color/outline situation :frowning:

This should be #1 priority, way over megamenu or popups or whatever.

Please :pray:

2 Likes

long forgotten and long forgotten again. :slight_smile: