SOLVED: Bricks breaks ACF repeater and clone field

Bricks Version: 1.4.0.2
Browser: Chrome 90

If the theme Bricks is active, then you try to save an ACF group with a repeater field and a clone field inside, on page reload the field appears as the field cloned…I spend hours and hours looking to the problem, and could not imagine it was the theme.

Please fix that asap!

Hello @salwebs

Thank you for your report!

Could you please export the field group and send it to us (help@bricksbuilder.io) so we could reproduce the issue on our side?

Thank you.
Luis

I have a complex one. Do it yourself and you will check is not bad configuration from mine.

Is simple:
group1:

• text field
    group2
  • repeater field
      • clone text field from group1

Probably there is more bugs apart from this one… something strange is happening with ACF.

Is the Group2 inside of the Group 1?

No, sorry…
field group1:

• text field

field group2

• repeater field
      • clone text field from group1

any news on this??? I’m using a base acf fields groups on each site and each time I have this problem… And i need to deactivate the bricks theme each time I want to modify the fields…

Hey this is almost one month, you couldn’t check that?

Hi Mikel,
Sorry, this topic has been lost :raised_hands:

First question: Does the problem still occur in Bricks 1.5.4? If yes:
To speed this up, I ask you to send us the exported field group, as Luis did back then, so we can ensure that our setup is exactly the same as yours.

Best regards,
timmse

it’s now working on 1.5.6! but after update I’m with this one now:

Dear Bricks support,

Looks like this issue happened again in latest version of bricks. I tried 1.9.4 and 1.9.5.
Could you please advise on fixing.

Regards

I have this issue too. Clones fields in repeater do not work in the latest Bricks.

Hi @BayuWorks & @frozenwind,
Since this report is almost 1.5 years old…

Would either one of you be so kind as to provide a short screencast showing and explaining the issue plus attach the exported field group, so we can try to replicate the issue?

@timmse There was a new post here not just about clone fields but also flexible content. WIP: Managing ACF Flexible content and clone are broken with bricks theme active

A simple example for clone field is
Add an ACF field Repeater A
In A, add a Group B
In B, add a few fields you want.
Then add an ACF field Repeater C
In C, what you want is exactly the same as Group B. So instead of setting a new Group D and its subfields again, you can just use the Clone field and select Group B.

But in Bricks now, dynamic data from repeater C would not work, while it used to work according to others saying before.