ACF FLEX: Text / Media (text_media)

• ACF group (indhold)
    • Acf group (elementer)
      • Text (title)
      • Text (desc)
    • ACF group (media)
      • Img (bg_img)
      • Video (bg_video)

ACF FLEX: Text / Media - Fullwidth (text_media_fw)

• ACF group (indhold)
    • Acf group (elementer)
      • Text (title)
      • Text (desc)
    • ACF group (media)
      • Img (bg_img)
      • Video (bg_video)

ACF FLEX: Before / After (before_after)

• ACF group (indhold)
    • Acf group (elementer)
      • Text (title)
      • Repeater (before_after)
        • Image 1 (img_before)
        • Image 2 (img_after)
        • Text (result_text)
    • ACF group (media)
      • Img (bg_img)
      • Video (bg_video)

Bricks dynamic tag is:
{acf_group_field}

But my field is inside two groups, so it should be:
{acf_group_group_field}

The dynamic tag is missing a group name

5 Likes

Yes i have the same issue. I’ve also tryin to wrap my head around a solution, my conclusion was also that Bricks does output a dynamic tag, but missing a group name. Multiple groups gives clients so much better UX.
+1 for this, really important.

1 Like

I can confirm that the nested groups with content and also repeaters will be ignored.

1 Like

Hey @KeviinCosmos,

thanks for your report.

I can confirm that nested ACF groups do not work as expected at the moment and added it to our bug tracker.

Best,

André

3 Likes

Hi again

I just want to hear this i planned to be fixed in the nearste future, because i have 1 big client project, that depend on this, otherwise i have to hardcode everthing??

Hey @aslotta :metal:

Is there any update on when this is implemented? Waiting on 3 projects to built the frontend and the deadline is coming closer and closer.
Would hate to built everything the old-school way in html and php, just to rebuild it later on.

Thanks a ton

Hey guys,

while I understand your impatience I can’t give you a concrete ETA yet. We’re on it.

Best,

André

2 Likes

@aslotta

Any updates i have a few projects where i cannot change my custom fields, because i will lose my data? is cricital for my projects?

Can you give me a timeestimate?

Hey René,

no. I still won’t announce any ETAs, sorry.

Best,

André

Patiently waiting for the fix to be implemented here, also.

But a big thank you to the Bricks team for every effort so far, you guys have been amazing.

Edit: while we know this is important for UX purposes (and for the client), my specific use case is that I can’t use a repeater for one of the templates I recently designed because in between the contents (consisting of a heading + a basic text), there’ll be other modules/banner. And hence the reason I am hoping that the nested groups will work.

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.1/1.9.1.1, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like