SOLVED: Preview of block in query look not showing in builder

Bricks Version: 1.1.3
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: (a link to a page that illustrates the issue would be really helpful)

When you have your new “block” added to a query loop the builder is not previewing it properly. I really hated having this new block class forced upon me to get back the direction and alignment controls, that I used to have on any div. but now I really dislike this change when previews are not working.

Hello @JimiLives

It seems Bricks 1.5RC has issues with the query loop preview in the canvas, but this is not related to the Block itself, according to our experience.

Nevertheless, we are investigating this and we’ll update soon.

Your report might be related with:

Hi @JimiLives,

I just wanted to let you know that the 1.5 RC2 is now available for download from your account page. Could you let me know if using the new RC2 fixes the issue you’ve experienced in regards to the query loop in the builder?

NOTE: Using the new “Block” element is completely optional (Understanding The Layout – Bricks Academy).

If you prefer using the “Div” only, and would like to have the alignment & direction controls on it by default, you can change the “Display” setting for the “Div” element in the theme styles to “flex” in RC2 as shown in the screenshot below:

Hey Thomas,
Yeah it appears to be working good now, and I really like the new addition of the drop down on the + at the bottom of the section for adding new blocks/div/containers really helpful however it would be nice to also have an option to add a new section below the current section, didnt it used to be like that?

Other than that I do think that you have explained the concept behind blocks a bit better since the release of RC1. I have a community site I was about to release with the RC1 but the changes in the main structure like that made me hold off, so going forward these 4 elements will be the main “building blocks” if you will? Section → Container → Block or Div ? I am only asking so I can put together a best build practice to try and help new users learn Bricks (btw I hope you realize any criticism I may have made was just frustration to new changes i didnt know was coming, i love your product)

This feature has been added in the final 1.5. Holding down “CMD / CTRL” when inserting an element, adds it after the currently active element :wink:

Yes, the Section, Container, Block, and Div are the main “building blocks”.

3 Likes