SOLVED: Search For Internal Page / Post Link Doesn't Show All Results

Bricks Version: 1.3.6
Browser: 97.0.4692.71

When creating a link to an internal post or page, the search function fails to return all the results and seems to only serve posts, not pages.

For example, I have a page with the slug “services,” (it also has the word in its title) but search only returns posts with the word services in their titles, ignoring pages entirely.

Is this a bug? It seems if the search function can filter through close to a thousand posts, it should be able to include a handful of pages in that query, too…!

Hi Matthew,

until Bricks 1.3.6, the search results show only Gutenberg Posts & Pages (the default WordPress search behavior).

Therefore, in Bricks 1.3.7 beta, we have significantly improved the search so that from now on, Posts & Pages created with Bricks can be included. To do this, you need to enable the “Query Bricks Data In Search Results” option under “Bricks > Settings > General”.

Best regards,
timmse

This will help, but, again: When I’m searching for a word that’s in the title (created by WordPress, not by Bricks) it should show up. It doesn’t.

I guess I’ll see if this is fixed when 1.3.7 comes out of beta. Is there an ETA?

Thanks!

Hi Matthew,

damn, I think we’ve been talking past each other all the time, sorry, I completely misunderstood you (there are just too many search options) :laughing:

I just tested again (literally any kind of search) and can’t reproduce your problem: https://vimeo.com/666524060/746e1c7544

To make it a little more exciting, I created a post called exactly the same as an existing page (Mix Blend Mode) - and as you can see, it displays both.

How many posts and pages do you have in total in your installation if I may ask?

The site’s in development… I’ve got 988 posts imported from the live site, plus five pages (so far) and several custom post type pages created through Toolset.

I’m noticing that some pages show up, but only if I don’t put anything in the search field at all and simply scroll all the way to the end of the results.

I’ve just created over a thousand posts ( :ok_man:) in 1.3.6 with faker press and tried to search for pages again: still no problem :thinking:

Really, I can’t reproduce the problem. Please try it again with the stable 1.3.7 and let me know if the problem still exists. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you an ETA at the moment.

Will do! Thanks much!

I’m now having the exact same problem. :slight_smile:
I’ve even switched the page back to draft and published it again: the internal page search in the link field is still not showing that specific page. And I have enabled “Query Bricks Data in Search Results” but that was not about this anyway, right?

I’m running Version: 1.5 though (Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81, Windows)… should I therefore open a new post for it? :slight_smile:
thanks and kind regards

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for reaching out.

Is the page publicly available? If so, please send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you’ve used during the purchase and let us know, which pages don’t show up.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi timmse

Thanks for your response. I have just sent the E-Mail.

Best regards

Adran

Hey Adrian,
Thanks for the login credentials.

I re-enabled LiteSpeed Cache, cleared all caches, deactivated LiteSpeed Cache instantly and the page shows up inside of the search :wink:

In general, it’s a good idea to exclude ?bricks=run from caching.

Best regards,
timmse

damn… sowas :sweat_smile:
I thought the cache is cleared when deactivating the plugin anyway?

However, thanks a lot! :grin: