NO BUG: Nestable tabs + grid not correct in builder - correct front-end

Bricks Version: 1.6.2
Browser: Chrome

Something odd is going on with Grid. It’s correct on desktop & tablet, but on mobile (landscape+portrait) the second block is displaying NEXT to the grid block.

On an actual phone it’s displaying correctly:

If I change it in the builder to ‘no wrap’ it displays correct in the builder.

But either way it displays correct on the front end?

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your report!

To be able to reproduce the problem 1:1, it would be helpful to know the grid settings. If you export the template and the corresponding class styles, I can reproduce the problem even faster :rocket:

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Timmse,

uhh little help?
If I select the section, export it as template → will you get the classes too?

Happy to it for you, but…

Just because it might be even faster - it’s on the same site as our last convo about GF.
So feel free to login to export it as you wish.

Hey Michael,

I don’t think so. But I just saw a little explainer on how to export classes yesterday.

2 Likes

Hey Michael,
I exported the template and the styles and found a new problem with CSS Grid during the import that needs further investigation. I’ll get back to you early in the week. Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Yes, it was your settings :smiley: You gave the content block under the image a height of 100% (presumably to compensate for possible differences in text length), which caused it to break at a certain point. I have accordingly removed the height and all stretch settings, which should be superfluous.

I cannot explain 100% why Flexbox does this… However, this is not a bug, as I was able to reproduce the problem 1:1 with pure CSS.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi Timmse,

that had a reason - indeed to keep the box & buttons equal height on scaling.
Inside the builder you can’t simulate it since the scale no longer works.

But just before the tablet mode things looked bad.
So therefor I added a 100% height to both the block beneath the image as the grid card itself.
(redid this and set the card to no-wrap.)

Seems to work well on all devices + I keep the height equal everywhere now.

Funny thing though, thanks for looking into it!

1 Like