WAIT: Error Logs filling up with an constant error

Browser: Chrome 110
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue

[Please describe this bug in as much detail as possible so we can replicate & debug this bug]

Checking error_log on all bt Bricks sites, they are huge and constantly filling up with the following type of error.

[24-Mar-2023 21:38:37 UTC] PHP Warning: Array to string conversion in /home/wpeasy/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/dynamic-data/providers/base.php on line 228

I think I found the issue?

line 228 - $value = implode( $sep, $value );

PHP Implode fails if the array ($value) contains values that are arrays. The dynamic content from JetEngine, MetaBox, etc can contain arrays.

Outputting JSON Encoded “$value” I see entries like.

{
“errors”: {
“No such option”: [
“”
]
},
“error_data”: [],
“\u0000*\u0000additional_data”: []
}

So $value is an array containing “errors”, which is an array. That is why “implode” fails.

OK, confirmed that is the issue. I merged the multidimensional array just before line 228.

The Dynamic data still works and the error is no longer reported.

/* Flatten $value */
$results = [];
array_walk_recursive($value, function ($item, $key) use (&$results){$results[$key] = $item;});
$value = $results;

Hi Alan,
Thanks so much for your report!

Which PHP version are you currently using?
With what kind of field and what contents can I create the warning?

Best regards,
timmse

Hey Timmse,

PHP 8.0, I use JetEngine Options Pages for global settings. I think that this is caused by just two simple “Basic Text” widgets in my header. One is just a phone number, the other is a location for Google Maps.

I’ll try to find some time today to play with this and see if I can nail it down.

OK, just testing, on a page with no dynamic data whatsoever, with a single page reload I get the following errors reported.

I would suggest that these are from JetEngine values on my Options Page. It doesn’t look like I can attach files to these replies. I could export this options page, which can be imported by JetEngine for testing and send to you, if you let me know how.

[27-Mar-2023 21:30:50 UTC] PHP Warning: Array to string conversion in /home/wpeasy/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/dynamic-data/providers/base.php on line 228
[27-Mar-2023 21:30:50 UTC] PHP Warning: Array to string conversion in /home/wpeasy/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/dynamic-data/providers/base.php on line 228
[27-Mar-2023 21:30:54 UTC] PHP Warning: Array to string conversion in /home/wpeasy/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/dynamic-data/providers/base.php on line 228
[27-Mar-2023 21:30:54 UTC] PHP Warning: Array to string conversion in /home/wpeasy/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/dynamic-data/providers/base.php on line 228

Hey, thanks for testing! Yes, please send me the export file :slight_smile:

I’m happy to send you the file. I can’t see any way to attach a file to these responses. Also the emails I received are from a noreply@

How do I send you the file?

Please send it to help@bricksbuilder.io + a link to this thread using the email address you used during the purchase.