NO BUG: ACF Flexible content "dymamic Data is empty" when editing templates

Probably just got a funky set-up, but having issues with previewing ACF flex Layouts -everything is working as far as pulling the content, but i get Dynamic Data Empty tags rendered when I’m editing the template (see still) which makes designing a bit painful to the eye!
The video shows the set-up

Hi Peter,
Thanks so much for the video!

As far as I can see you are doing it halfway correctly, but missing one crucial thing that will probably solve your issue: The condition to check against acf_get_row_layout is missing on your “layout blocks”, as described here:

You should add them to “Layout 1”, “Layout 2”, and “Layout 3” and then it should work as expected.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi @timmse

Still the same unfortunately!

Aaaah, sorry. Now I got it. This report was about duplicated layouts on the frontend.

In the builder, the layouts will be duplicated since conditions do not execute there, so each row gets outputted. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be able to edit/style elements that have conditions applied.

Builder (3 layouts):

Frontend:

Best regards,
timmse

Thanks @timmse
would it make no difference if I broke down the layouts into separate templates? Would I still get this kind of preview in the editor?

Could there be a setting to apply conditions as long as the loop or something inside the loop isn’t selected? Maybe a good compromise… I have a similar setup in a project and the builder renders out everything to the point that design other elements on the page becomes inconveniently impacted.

3 Likes

I upvote that Max! It’s so close to being totally usable

1 Like
  • Bricks 1.7.3
  • Query Loop using ACF Flexible Content

I believe my issue is also related to duplicate layouts in template.

In bricks/admin. All sections under the block loop are repeated. If there are 7 sections, the entire 7 sections are repeated 7 times. Not really ideal team. We can do better.

Rolled back to Bricks 1.7.1 and this is not an issue.

Video here: https://vimeo.com/825717647/4b5f1ac7af
Demonstrates the page without query loop disabled, then enabled, then disabled.

1 Like