Using Custom Field / Meta Options With Bricks

I am rebuilding a site that is using a plugin that creates Custom Post Types and Post Meta Data/Fields. I can access the Post Meta Data using my previous builder (no names! ;o)) via the ‘Insert Dynamic Data’ option but I cannot see how to get this data using bricks.

Bricks does everything else I need, but I can’t figure out how to get the meta data into the loop builder. (I have other CPT’s/Custom Fields created with Pods that show in the Query Builder but nothing from the plugins’ custom fields shows in the query loop builder).

I can pull in post data, featured images, author info etc but not the custom fields. Does anybody have any experience using bricks with a ‘code created’ custom field and bricks?

TIA

TIA

Would’ve been a little bit easier with names…

Which plugin did you use to create the CPT and fields? “Insert dynamic data” is Oxygen afaik

Hi @Asphole. Welcome to the forum!

You can insert dynamic data in several ways. One method is to add a Heading or Basic Text element as appropriate, then deleting its default text, clicking the bolt icon in its textarea and scrolling down or searching for and selecting your custom field’s name. Its value will then be output by Bricks.

Hi @Sridar,

Thanks for your reply. I had tried that assuming that was the correct way but the custom fields don’t show in the dropdown menu. I can see custom fields that have been created by ACF or PODs but not the custom fields added by the plugin. Have you come across this before?

Thanks.

Hi, Yes sorry it was Oxygen! :grin: I didn’t want to seem like another oxygen user complaining that Bricks didn’t work like Oxygen. I just replied to another post below about being able to see the custom fields added by ACF or PODs but not the plugin. It’s a custom plugin so not available on the WP repository to test.

I am able to view the Custom Post Types in the Query Loop Builder, just can’t seem to access the custom fields.

The info from the plugin states:

The plugin pulls all the feed data into a single custom post type. This works just like any other custom post type with title, description, slug and featured image all available as normal. In addition to this there are a number of taxonomies and meta data attached that can be used in your templates;

So I assume this should work?

Thanks

Can you try this?

{cf_phone_number}

where phone_number is the name of the custom field.

1 Like

Hi @Sridhar

Thanks for your reply. Please excuse the dumb question but where would I enter this?

Thanks