SOLVED: User Access - Giving Access - Video Included

|Parent Theme Name:|Bricks|
|Parent Theme Version:|1.4-rc|
|Parent Theme URI:|https://bricksbuilder.io/|
|Parent Theme Author URI:|https://bricksbuilder.io/|

Using Chrome on a Macbook

I have included two videos to show what i mean about user access.

1. Still. have the ability to drag and drop content on the canvas with the EDIT CONTENT option selected
    User Access on Profile Page

2. Refined user access on the individuals pages are not working

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/8722226?key=ab29ebc4f9b1fa12d66d6e42ef469437

2 Likes

I am also facing the same issues.

1 Like

Hi Diane,
Thanks so much for your report and the videos!

The Builder Access feature has actually been somewhat neglected in the past - which is certainly due to the number of other new features. We have already collected some points and will add your points to the list.

About the User Access on Profile Page video: In your example, it’s actually because the user is also an administrator. For another role like Contributor, you can use the setting in the user profile as an exception to grant rights to a specific user, but not to all users with the role Contributor.

Best regards,
timmse

@timmse What about editor user role? A user with editor user role is able to edit all the elments/add new on Bricks page editor. I have defined only content change access from bricks options yet the editor role is able to do everything!

Hi Omega,
yes, as I said:

We haven’t adjusted this yet due to the 1.4 rewrite, otherwise the work would have been unnecessary. But as I said: we have this on our radar and will take care of it soon.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

@timmse Was this issue fixed in 1.4?

No, the Builder Access feature was not changed/adapted in 1.4.

I am having the same problem. I am getting ready to turn over the website to my customer. It will be FATAL if they are able to change all the structure of the website. I remove the Bricks menu completely but if they go into the page to update content they can open with Bricks and change everything!!!

Please raise the importance of this bug as it will keep me from developing any more sites for my customers which makes Bricks worthless.

Wasn’t this fixed in 1.5? Or is it still there?

Hi Michael,
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for reaching out!

Please clarify: What exactly is your problem? With “edit content” permissions, I am not able to move elements on the canvas or in the structure panel.

If it’s different for you, please record a screencast showing and explaining what’s going on (including your builder access settings, user roles, and browser version).

Best regards,
timmse

For a quick reply I will explain.

Just finished building a site for a customer. Turned it over to them and in less than on day they had destroyed the home page. They have editor role set in their profile (setting the Bricks role in the user profile is confusing and as far as I’m concerned it is broken. After I set it the selection field reverts back to full and if I set something else in their profile Bricks resets back to full) and I verified that the setting was editor in the profile and in Bricks the role editor is set to none. I have also removed the Bricks menu item on tool bar. When she goes into a page to edit the content the “Edit with Bricks” option is still there and they have full access to the Bricks editor.

If you need a video I will make on in the next few days as I still have the site on my test system. I had to return the site back to Oxygen as this is an absolute deal breaker for a production site.
–Mike

What are the settings in the Bricks Settings for the corresponding roles?

I have done a video. Watch that. [Bricks Failure - YouTube]

Ok I did some more testing. I setup a new WordPress site. I added Bricks template. I created 2 additional users one an editor and one a subscriber. Subscriber could not see any pages as it should be. Editor could see pages and edit them. They could also open Bricks for editing but only the content. I added Advanced Access Manager and Automatic CSS. I tested again it was working properly. I then imported the posts and pages form the broken site. Now the editor has full access and Bricks is acting as I described.

Also you should know this is a site that was converted from Oxygen Builder.

I have determined that the problem is with the user roles settings left over from another plugin. Everything is working correctly except for one thing. When the “Editor” is using bricks to edit content they can delete the CSS values applied. This can really change the styling.

-Mike

Hey Mike,
Thanks so much for investigating!

Yep, this is already on our improvement list for the builder access and will be added as soon as possible.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

hello, any update for this?
because i have same issue, when i create role using User Role Editor plugin called “Owner” and set the role on Builder Access to No Access, this role still can access bricks on their side.

EDIT: The default WordPress roles have same problem (Author, Editor) still can access the builder.

Hi Eris,
Unfortunately, we haven’t made any progress on this task yet (but on a ton of others).

There is an open report that might be related to “The default WordPress roles have same problem”:

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like