NO BUG: Update notice normal nav menu

Browser: Chrome
URL: -
Video: -

Added it as a bug, but probably not a bug that needs ‘solving’. I recon they were by design.

But thinking about the company (marketing perspective) you might want to notice people before updating so they know. Just to stay ahead of things or complaints.

• When updating to 1.8, people are using the ‘normal nav’. Some css classes seem to be changed. Had to change classes iofi to work again. But the update will break their layout.

• Also had some absolute positioned items that needed their positions changed. Not sure why though. (Have a line sliding in above the menu)…

Or you should make a backup before updating :wink:
Some bugs have already been reported. So I would recommend you downgrade and wait for the next version.

Thank you Tobias,
Though I wasn’t looking for a solution, it took a couple of minutes per site to fix.

The message was that I was unaware that this might happen. I don’t mind that - but others might.

So one, report it happens.
Two, add my marketing knowledge to it that a simple notice might prevent brand reputation damage and is a good way of communication should the team not yet be aware of it.

Hi Michael,
Thanks so much for your report!

An update can bring new features and fixes, and as in this case, improvements that affect the functionality of specific settings or override custom CSS/JS. For this reason, there were three beta versions for Bricks 1.8, which every user could have used to test the functionality in advance and report it if necessary so that we could act on it in the update process.

In addition to that, there is a Changelog for each version that contains all changes. Of course, it is impossible to mention every setting that could be influenced because there are too many parameters.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like