SOLVED: Theme styles are reset?

Bricks Version: 1.4.0.1
Browser: Version 102.0.5005.115 (Offizieller Build)
URL: modusx . de

Sometimes when I add new templates, all my theme styles are reset.
This is extremely annoying! I have two different theme styles and I can’t click through all my templates and pages and add the theme styles back every time I create a new template.

Now I can’t add a style at all.

The site is live and I need a solution fast.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f3o0aed-3IirJjzbkPT8m-FImoi5t04b/view?usp=sharing

Have you set the conditions for those theme styles?

1 Like

The site has been live for a few weeks and I have had no problems with the style. Everything has worked. The error is only occurring now after I added a new template.

In the video I am only editing a page and not a template.

@cmstew thanks for your tip. Now i know what you are meaning.
I set the condition for header-template know and the header style is right know.

No problem!

Yeah, I had a similar problem last week. Took me awhile to find out that selecting a theme styles while editing a page doesn’t permanently set it for that page unless you set conditions that specifically say so.

It is a bit strange. I thought it was a bug too.

1 Like

@timmse A note can be added highlighting the above message?

Hey, directly above the theme styles is already a hint:
“Set condition(s) to apply selected theme style to your entire website or certain areas.”

This is also described in more detail in the Academy:

If I understood the problem correctly it was only due to not set/saved conditions, right? Can I mark the post as solved?

Best regards,
timmse

@timmse I have no Probleme anymore but the Problem still exists.

I don’t think it’s normal for me to create a new template and have the Condition settings in another template (Head) deleted.

No one understands this and without @cmstew I would not have noticed it.

I’ve had this problem before and have always backed it up. In the future I know what the problem is. But probably more will encounter the problem.

Hey, can you provide the video so I can watch it without an access request? Maybe then I understand what it’s all about :sweat_smile:

I also have a problem with the theme styles. If I upload the JSON theme style, it takes it. However, if I save the page and go back to WordPress and then come back again, the themes styles are gone again and cannot be found.

I have set the conditions on the entire website:

Currently using 1.5 beta version.

@jorisboris What version of Bricks you are using?

This is the 1.5 beta version.

Ok. Now try creating a new theme style with the same name. What does it says?

I have created a new one and it does stay available. However, it is still a strange story. Importing a theme style should save time. Now I have to retype everything.

Did you create the new theme style with the same name (exact same) of the one you were trying to import?

I deleted the imported one. Because I could not create a theme style with the same name.

I had noticed the issue in the past. This means the imported theme style is there but it’s not visible in the UI and even the styles were applying as I could see the theme style css on the frontend. It had happen once. So I could not recreate it. It was with 1.3.7 though.

Hey Joris,
I just set up a completely new, fresh site and created my first Theme Style and haven’t encountered any problems. It’s hard to spot an issue if it’s not reproducible :face_exhaling:

@timmse I am also facing the same issue. Theme style gets imported, I select it, set fresh condition and save my template. Reloading the template page makes it disappear. 1.5b.

@timmse I have managed to solved it and also figured how to recreate the bug.

1. Export theme style from existing website.
  2. Create a fresh bricks installation.
  3. Create a template and import the theme style from bricks editor page. Select, set a fresh condition if you want and save.
  4. Reloading will make the theme style disappear.

Solution:
5) Create a new theme style.
6) Now import will work fine.

So you need to create a new theme style to fix this. I wonder why?