SOLVED: Pseudo class nth-child(2n) won't display properly in editor, renders correctly on front-end

Hey Dustin,
The issue has been fixed in Bricks 1.5beta.
Please let us know if you still encounter any problems.

Best regards,
timmse

Just tested but it doesn’t seem to be resolved for me on the 1.5 beta…

As soon as I selected the pseudo class it immediately changed all sections to the background colour set (in the editor at least).

That may be, but:

Ah very interesting! Glad it seems improved, that’s not my experience though unfortunately. :frowning:

I’m wondering… maybe it’s fixed just for new pseudo classes but not existing ones? Here’s a quick video of what it looks like for me with the existing pseudo class. Everything is good until I open a style menu item then it applies it to every instance even if I didn’t change anything. Not sure why it’d trigger like that just by simply opening a style item without actually making any changes to it, but I think that shows there’s still a bug here.

When I get a bit more time I’ll see if I can narrow down if the issue applies only to existing pseudo classes but maybe fine for new ones only, may help narrowing down a root cause.

Hey Dustin, you can provide me with the template JSON file?

It isn’t a template, it’s a page. I’m not certain how to get the JSON, are there steps for that and does it apply still if it’s a page? I’ll get it for you if I can figure it out, haha

Hey,
While editing the page:

1. Click on the little template folder icon in the upper right
  2. Click on “Save as template”
  3. Enter a name, select “Section” as Template Type
  4. Click Save
  5. Export it (either within the template popup, or in Bricks > Templates)

Best regards,
timmse

Ah thank you, I just tried that now, emailed the JSON to you a moment ago (wasn’t sure if it was secure to post here or not). Thanks for looking into this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just came across this bug in 1.4.0.2. It’s not loading for me even on the frontend. The css isnot even applying to the element.

I hope this is really fixed in 1.5. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too. Hopefully we’ll find out in the next release candidate for 1.5. I know @timmse had told me he couldn’t reproduce it but was using the latest code which was newer than the 1.5 beta, so it’s possible it’s fixed in newer updates to the beta, and hopefully we can confirm in the 1.5 RC coming out later this week. :slight_smile:

1 Like