SOLVED: Predefined Layout Structures for the Container

The new container is the step in the right direction - it brings endless layout possibilities for the skilled users. On the other hand, it could bring big frustrations for those less skilled.

Immediately after 1.2 RC1 was out, several questions on “how do I make columns” appered in FB group. Skilled user knows how flexbox works, so he knows what to look for. Newbie doesn’t have a clue.

Just a little tweak to the UI would make a big difference:
obrazek

Also some predefined structures could be introduced (both when inserting the container and in the options panel). Here is another example:

Look at it from the average user perspective: in most cases layout consists of the column-type structures, so why not to help the users create them the easiest way possible.

10 Likes

Oh, and one more addition to the topic. It would be really helpful to have some user friendly way for setting up the columns gaps (or I should rather call them gaps between the elements).

Another designer’s every day problem (and a nightmare in most of the tools).

Oh, and the outer gap should be avoided too. The gaps should be only between the elements, not around the whole container.

7 Likes

Totally agree with this. I personally was thrown off a bit but a detailed tutorial on whether this is most similar to css grid or flexbox and have it explained more to normies like me would really help.

Please do consider this!

@Blackeye Great points! Most container controls in Bricks 1.2 are now visual:

To quickly create a column layout I recommend using the new “Container Layout Builder”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQ_2GXYXFs&t=431s