SOLVED: Performance with Frameworks

You may want to take a look to https://oxyprops.com/. It works also on Bricks and has a great framework behind.

ACSS and Frames had both LTDs but the offer was limited.

2 Likes

any news about performance? 1.6.1. still massive lags on every single field. thanks for any info.

2 Likes

Hi
I still have so much lags, its so annoying
Im going to delete ACSS, SINCE no one actually care and fix this issue

3 Likes

It’s not an ACSS-specific issue. The lag is easily reproducible on sites without ACSS and on sites that don’t even use classes. In fact, you can reproduce the lag using Bricks’ native website template packs. It mostly appears to be a DOM-count related issue. Classes and variables may speed up the introduction of the problem, or maybe not. Like I said, I can pull up a fresh install of Bricks and reproduce the lag in 5 seconds using their own templates. I’m not sure how that’s an ACSS or OxyProps issue.

4 Likes

Respectfully, I don’t think you know what you’re looking at with that error report.

1 Like

I don’t know it’s acss problem or brick’s! What i know is that when i activate acss i can’t work any more because everything performs so slow!!

And the purpose of this report is to solve this problem, whether its acss or bricks

3 Likes

intersting about DOM. here its also happening with only one section and a container inside. combined with no extensions active in browser and a fresh install.

2 Likes

Im just editing header with one section and three elements, still having the same issue

1 Like

Can you send a login to hello@automaticcss.com – we’d like to take a look.

2 Likes

Maybe a stupid question: it seems that some users do experience massive lag, others only small lag … and it seems that it is not related to CSS frameworks (did not test myself though).

Personally I am experiencing nearly no lag at all on short pages, but a noticeable lag on larger pages/templates (though still usable). I am using ACSS and Frames by the way, and here the lag is clearly related to DOM size.

Is it possible that the lag in general also has to do with server and hosting stuff. Maybe some configurations are working better than others?

getting lag on different servers. plesk iis win, linux… doesn’t matter. slowly i am thinking its my AMD cpu or smth like that, related to hardware setup. and i am talking about real intense lags on every entry no matter how clean the setup is.

If it helps, I am on a Mac here

Yes and no. I have an installation with frames and acss that lags extremly. If I deactivate both the lag is gone. So maybe there is more than one problem because you’re right Kevin - if I add more Dom Elements the lag is back. If I’m able to reproduce it I will send you log in credentials if this helps.

I will try to analyse failure logs and query monitor for this because builder speed is not well useable in the moment.

3 Likes

another thing would be nice. some kind of mini info what’s the actual state with this bug. combined with some kind of timeframe. i know its a tricky one. but some users like me can’t really work at all with bricks. i know “just use another tool”… but that’s not my plan for now.

so if we just could get some “we found first issues, we are still investigating further and should be able to fix within next 3 months” would help enormous.
cause none of the suggested “fixes” / workarounds is working here.

thanks, and have some nice, hopefully relaxing, holidays.

2 Likes

Well i hope @thomas and @digitalgravy figure out this problem and solve it for once.
I had to delete frames and acss and it cost me few days reworking…

3 Likes

yes, really hoping for you and me and all others. but still i dont think its related to acss at all, acss is just heavy affected by this problem. :confused:

2 Likes

if you had to delete ACSS and Frames, then you have something else going on with your setup. We’re constantly developing sites with both, as are hundreds/thousands of others. I also use ACSS and Frames in all my videos and you can see that it’s really not a huge issue. Some lag creeps in every now and then and a quick builder refresh gets everything back on track. If it’s to the point where you don’t even feel it’s usable, you have some other issue going on.

3 Likes

Yeah I never experience show stopping lag (and I use ACSS, Bricksextras and more).

1 Like

Can you share your server config?

I have tested with a fully compliant bricks only installation, no frameworks, no plugins, just bricks.

When you have sufficient complexity of elements on the page, typing in the sidebar is laggy.

So text edits, settings, custom css, all exhibit typing lag,

It is related to the number of elements on your page, or possibly the number of ‘things’ the builder is keeping track of. More classes, the lag is apparent with fewer elements.

I have set all the bricks settings for optimum performance, it’s not browser or server specific and not a resource issue in some respects as copy and paste or edit on the canvas do not lag.

It is related to keypresses in the settings sidebar and number of elements or complexity of the page.

My guess is that the process that monitors each keypress is taking too long on a busy page (what else is it doing?)

4 Likes